Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: About "afc2add"

Post About "afc2add"
    Hello!

I was amazed with the new release jailbreak method which is the "Spirit". I am able to jailbreak my IPT 8GB 2G MC-MODEL already because of this and there was the Cydia icon already.

My problem was I don't have wi-fi connection in my place, I was using LAN only. I've read in other topic that you need Cyder and iFunBox to add apps in Cydia without wi-fi. Unfortunately, the "Spirit" jailbreak wasn't able to add a package "afc2add" which was the same issue on Blackra1n before. So, this means I can't use the iFunBox to browse the root and successfully add apps (coz it's showing "jailed") on my IPT.

The solution came up was to install the "afc2add" via Cydia to correct this one but since I don't have any wi-fi connection in my place, IS THERE ANY OTHER METHOD BESIDES THAT?

Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Use DiskAid connects via USB.
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    Use DiskAid connects via USB.
    I've tried that app already and it was the same problem with the iFunBox and so with the iPhoneBrowser.

These apps detects my IPT as "jailed" that's why I need to install "afc2add" via Cydia but my problem was how to do it without wi-fi connection.

Default afc2add
    Hi,

Even I am facing the same problem. I dont have wifi to access internet using iphone.

I've jailbroken my phone(iphone 3g 3.1.3) using spirit, but I am unable to access the raw file system of iphone using iFunBox or iPhoneBrowser or DiskAid.

Now I wish to install afc2add without wifi connection(hence will be unable to use cydia on my iphone). I have tried using cyder and cyder2 but couldn't succeed in installing.

Can anyone help me out please.

Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Can you not just do it using your GSM carrier?

I install updates from Cydia all the time when i'm out and about.

Thanks

Yeah, you don't have to be connected to wifi. You can download cydia packages over the cell network.

Default Thanks
    Thanks for the reply.

But the problem here is that my iphone is locked to O2 carrier of UK and I am in India now, trying to install ultrasnow to unlock it. Hence I dont even have access to internet through GPRS or 3G.

The only option left is to install ultrasnow through cyder. But if the iphone is jailbroken using spirit, afc2dd is not installed and hence unable to access the file system through diskaid or install anything using cyder.

@ others,
    I suffered the same problem and used cell network(bsnl 3g in India) and it workd.

@ashispa

I which city u r?
    If There is any macd
    Or any public wifi then go through it.

If not,
    Then get a usb internet and make it use as a router.

If Not,
    Tell me ur city, I will arrange some help(PM ME)

Thanks for the help Anvesh.

I have got everything sorted out through a wifi hotspot near my home.

But the question still remains that is there any way to access the filesystem of iphone using cable & PC, but without installing afc2add.

Thanks

No, you have to install afc2add in order to access it via USB. Just like you have to install openssh to use ssh via wifi.