Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help

Default Need help
    I have a 3GS iPhone running 3.1.2 Jailbreacked and unlocked by Blackra1n... everything was running perfect ... and i had installed the BigBoss application "firmware 3.1.3 App" because some applications wont run on 3.1.2 like the iPad camera.
    Anyway i wanted to restore my phone and i did the step "make my life easier" and i sent my SHSH to saurik's ... and then i erased eveyrthing on the phone with the reset option. Now i'm stuck ..\
    Blackra1n, or Redsn0w won't fix the phone and i'm stuck on the itune Logo .
    When i run Blackra1n ... it freeze on GeoHot pic
    Redsn0w .... It freeze in the middle of the process .
    so i tried to make a full Restore by following the guides here on tricking itune and choosing the 3.1.2 firmware (tried Saurik's server and by making my computer the server )... but its not working and i noticed that because my shsh shows that i was running 3.1.3 ...
    I don't want to update my bootrom ...
    Anyone knows what should i do ? my bootrom still the old one ...
    Plz Help

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The bootrom can't be up- or downgraded at all, so that's not a problem.

If you indeed have the old bootrom, you can make a custom 3.1.2 firmware with pwnagetool or download one and then restore to that.

Thanks for the reply but i'm not being able to restore it .... itune is not allowing me by different error ... like not eligible or error 1600-4
    sorry was my mistake ... i ment the modem firmware ... i have the old one and if i'm going to update i will be stuck at 5.12.01 .
    what should i do to restore it but keeping my old modem firmware ???

Thank you

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Unfortunately, I think you're out of luck. I believe when you click the 'reset all' button, the phone requires a restore afterwards.