Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Updates

Default Cydia Updates
    Can anyone explain what's changed here please?

Over the weekend I've been on Cydia and noticed that the file count on my pkgbackup app has gone up massively.

43 new files all called GSC (Graphicservices Cabability) have been added to my iPhone.

Other than allowing Cydia to do necessary updaes I've not installed anything.

Thanks

Same here - I also have 3 updates (Cydelete, Cylay Three, and MultiIconMover), which keep bringing back errors when I try to update, I have to respring and they still show in the udpate list.

Whether I try to update individually or Update All, I get:

Error #1:
    Error: Running
    Sub-Process /usr/bin/dpkg returned and error code (1)

* tap "Okay" *

and Error #2:
    /var/cache/apt/acchives/firmware-sbin_0-1_iphoneos-arm.deb
    subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1

* tap "Okay" *

Restart springboard.

McMike,

I don't know about those errors, but I certainly have the 43 new 'packages' listed when I try to back up my phone with PkgBackup. Anyone have an answer to what these are here for/have them on their phone as well.....

I am having the same problems, plus, I can't download any new packages from cydia, they try to run then I get those same error messages. I have been told that I am now going to have to redo my phone.. I have waited a couple of days hoping that a fix would come out and not have to reformat but so far nothing.

Thanks

I think pkgbackup updated and is now showing bits of iPhone software that are installed that it previously didn't show. These are not new packages that are installed just parts of the iPhone os. In other words pkgbackup is showing things that have always been there but were hidden

These packages (stock iPhone Packages) appeared after updating to RockApp 2.50 and there is an update again today.
    From the RockApp 2.51.2 changelog: Hiding GSC packages
    I updated through Cydia (don't wanna brick my iPhone) but the GSC packages are still showing in PKGBackup

I have had my phone for a long time, and I have NEVER installed the Rock App, or any App that uses Rock extensions. I have also not updated PkgBackup in several months.

These GSC packages came from somewhere else.