Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 5$ via PAYPAL if you can help solve my probem (3gs Apple Logo)

Default 5$ via PAYPAL if you can help solve my probem (3gs Apple Logo)
    After using blackrain on my 3.1 3gs, I installed cydia, and ultrasnow via cydia. I was forced to do a reboot- after reboot the phone does not turn on.

Things that did not work:

1.tried restoring firmware, Get error: the iphone could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatibl

2.Put iphone in dfu and tried to jailbreak with redsnow, Get error: Unable to recognize specified IPSW. Tried again with 3.1.2 firmware eventhough im running 3.1, It went throught the whole jailbreak process, still stuck on apple logo.

3.Put iPhone in dfu and attempted to jailbreak with black rain.

I have never backed up this phone. I dont care what I need to do and what I update it to, As long as I can keep it jailbroken+unlocked.

Like I said, I will PAY you if you can help me solve this.

What can I do??

you need to put it in dfu mode and restore to 3.1.3. Then you can jailbreak with spirt.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

xoxxx (2010-05-04)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Spirit won't work on it if it's not activated. And u can't unlock. U can at least jailbreak by putting a friends AT&T card In there to activate but not unlock.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:

xoxxx (2010-05-04)

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    Spirit won't work on it if it's not activated. And u can't unlock. U can at least jailbreak by putting a friends AT&T card In there to activate but not unlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    you need to put it in dfu mode and restore to 3.1.3. Then you can jailbreak with spirt.
    Thats the problem, I need it to also be unlocked.
    Is there nothing else I can try?

Thanks

you can create a custom 3.1 or 3.1.2 ipsw and restore to that and then unlock it

Also have a older iTunes installed so you can restore to 3.1 3gs

does it have an old bootrom? if so, make a custom activated 3.1.3 with pwnage tool or snowbreeze and restore to in in itunes.

I don think it matters what version of iTunes I have because iTunes has stopped signing anything below 3.1.3

Or is there a way around this?

Thanks

yes you can create a custom firmware with pwnagetool if you have a mac or search google and download one if you don't...custom firmwares bypass the apple signing process and you will keep your baseband and use ultrasn0w to unlock...no need to jailbreak as you will already be jailbroken by the custom firmware

Did you have your SHSH saved?

you might have to upgrade to 3.1.3 unfortuantly.
    And wait until someone else releases a unlocking tool.

Thanks

I believe you will need to create or download a custom 3.1.2...make sure it is activated

also if on a mac use option+restore or pc use shift+restore instead of just hitting the restore button
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-05-04 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    I believe you will need to create or download a custom 3.1.2...make sure it is activated

also if on a mac use option+restore or pc use shift+restore instead of just hitting the restore button

Could you direct me to where I can get a custome firmware?
    And pwnage tool, thanks
    If this works I will be paying you!

Thanks

if you have access to a mac you can create your own custom...no need to download one...you will have to hit load more blogs a couple of times to find the links but here you go Dev-Team Blog

if you don't want to create one use google and search "custom 3.1.2 ipsw" just make sure it's activated and created with pwnagetool...if you go with creating your own here is a link on how to do it iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool [Mac]
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-05-05 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xoxxx View Post
    After using blackrain on my 3.1 3gs, I installed cydia, and ultrasnow via cydia. I was forced to do a reboot- after reboot the phone does not turn on.

Things that did not work:

1.tried restoring firmware, Get error: the iphone could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatibl

2.Put iphone in dfu and tried to jailbreak with redsnow, Get error: Unable to recognize specified IPSW. Tried again with 3.1.2 firmware eventhough im running 3.1, It went throught the whole jailbreak process, still stuck on apple logo.

3.Put iPhone in dfu and attempted to jailbreak with black rain.

I have never backed up this phone. I dont care what I need to do and what I update it to, As long as I can keep it jailbroken+unlocked.

Like I said, I will PAY you if you can help me solve this.

What can I do??
    I am curious, how did you update to 3.1 without updating your Baseband. OS 3.0 or OS 3.0.1 baseband can be unlocked with Ultrasn0w. OS 3.1 baseband can be unlocked with Blacksn0w ( not Ultrasn0w). The only way I can think of is your have used CFW before.

Hopefully your Iphone is still (Jailbroken) and you have the (Oldbootrom), you can always use a Custom Firmware. Make sure you put your Iphone in Recovery mode when you restore. If you don't have both, then you cannot use CFW.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-05 at 03:07 AM.

J3st3r3,
    this will not work because I am given an error message when restoring with custom firmware, there are not any programs for the 3gs that get rid of this message.

Thanks

what is the error message?

you have to be jailbroken before you restore to a custom firmware.

The phone was jailbroken. :/

Thanks

I know I saw the question asked, but I didn't see if you answered already or not. Do you know if you have your SHSH files backed up on cydia's server. If yes then all you need to do is direct your computer to Saurik's server and restore to an official firmware that you have SHSH backed up for. From there jailbreak and unlock like normal

Default As simple as I could!
    will just to make it easier for you

First option:
    What you have to do first, is to confirm you got the old bootrom (by checking your serial number's 4th and 5th digits: XXX33XXXXXX, while the 33 is the digits you need) if it's less than 40 you're good to go, else, you're stuck (check out the second option which is you last chance currently)! and it'll only let you restore to an official firmware by apple (which is 3.1.3), If it's less than 40, so the next steps are:

1) Download a 'custom 3.1.3' Firmware (if you can't find I could give a link)

2) Enter your iphone into DFU mode by pressing both power and home button for EXACTLY 10 Seconds, and then release the power button and keep holding the home button until hearing a voice of connecting a hardware from the computer or having some message (it would take about another 15-20 seconds) If you have any problem with it: search ENTER DFU MODE on YouTube.

3) Click SHIFT+Restore on iTunes and choose your fresh downloaded Custom 3.1.3 Firmware.

---**--- If you get an error between 1000-1016, it's ok, do 2 and 3 again, and then you'll get error 1015 which is OK! ---**---

4) to bypass the 1015 error, all you have to do is to download iReb from ih8snow.com, once lunched click on "Fix Recovery Mode Loop" Then choose 3G[S].

5) To get your iPhone unlocked, all you still have to do is to add the blackra1n.com to the cydia sources, and install blacksn0w.

Second Option:
    The last chance is by checking out if you've got your blobs 'backed up' on saurik server, here you go:
    1) download Umbrella, from ih8snow.com
    2) You have to get your ECID#, to do that follow the next few steps:
    A) Enter DFU Mode (the bold section above).
    B) Go to Control Panel\System\Device Manager.
    C) Look for "Apple Mobile Device" in the USB Section.
    D) Choose the Details Tab above, and in Property Choose "Device Instance Path".
    E) check the gotten 'long' row, for the "ECID:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" (The 16 X's are your needed ECID#)
    3) Enter the ECID# you've got above into Umbrella, and choose 3.1.2 and Saurik Server, if you get a file, you're ok to go, else, you are CURRENTLY ABSOLUTELY STUCKED!!! until a new tool release.
    4) if you see you've got your file on Saurik's server, then go to the path: "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" choose the file "hosts" and open it with Notepad, add the line:
    Code:
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    And add ###'s to the beginning of all the other lines in this file, SAVE it and exit.
    5) Download a 3.1.2 version for 3GS (Google it!)
    6) the final step is to restore via iTunes by clicking SHIFT+Restore and choose your downloaded 3.1.2 firmware.

Finally, instead of paying me some bucks, I would prefer you donate it to the developers (DevTeam, GeoHOT, iH8Sn0w, Spirit Developer), who made the amazing tools which qualified me to help you!
    Last edited by drmias; 2010-05-07 at 04:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast