Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: enable tethering on Spirit JB 3Gs 3.1.3 with new bootROM?????

Default enable tethering on Spirit JB 3Gs 3.1.3 with new bootROM?????
    has anyone been able to get tethering working on one of these 3Gs new bootROM devices? if so please let me know how.
    thanks

nobody knows how to do this?? i can't be the only person looking to get tethering back.
    Last edited by bmx1; 2010-05-04 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by bmx1 View Post
    has anyone been able to get tethering working on one of these 3Gs new bootROM devices? if so please let me know how.
    thanks

nobody knows how to do this?? i can't be the only person looking to get tethering back.
    MyWi works just fine for me. It's an app you can download from Rock or Cydia.

But why pay to enable tethering and you will be using an app for that than your phone feature, I'm also looking for tethering for my 3GS 3.1.3 new bootrom

i'm gunna bump this one more time in hopes that some1 can help me with tethering. please

I tried to patch the CommCenter with the 3.1.2 patch but I only screwed my phone and had to restore, so don't even bother trying the same

6. The Following User Says Thank You to danielsebas For This Useful Post:

bmx1 (2010-05-06)

yea, i tried it too on my buddies phone that we're trying to tether with but it didn't mess anything up. it didn't work but didn't cause the need for a restore. still hunting for a tethering fix on 3.1.3 jailbroke with Spirit 3Gs new bootrom

Quote Originally Posted by danielsebas View Post
    I tried to patch the CommCenter with the 3.1.2 patch but I only screwed my phone and had to restore, so don't even bother trying the same

Pdanet works fine for me.

MyWi works on my 3gs At&t. But would At&t charge me if i use alot of data? I remember hearing about 3g unrestrictor? Would this work would it show At&t im on WIFI?

Quote Originally Posted by saleenboy818 View Post
    MyWi works on my 3gs At&t. But would At&t charge me if i use alot of data? I remember hearing about 3g unrestrictor? Would this work would it show At&t im on WIFI?
    I'm on AT&T as well. I'm sure that we are guaranteed at least 1GB. They cannot directly tell that you are tethering, but if your using bit torrent or download HD shows they can see that type of data.

I'm also looking to use the built in tethering. Tried the 3.1.2 patch and nothing happen. MyWi works great but I much rather not require wifi on the other device.

Thanks

Mywi has the ability to turn on the default tethering options on the phone. There's a switch on the mywi screen to turn on the USB/Bluetooth tethering

MyWi appears to be the only way to get tethering working with 3.1.3 and the latest modem firmware. Come on people, it's $9.99. If that is going to break you, maybe the iPhone isn't for you...

Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3 View Post
    MyWi appears to be the only way to get tethering working with 3.1.3 and the latest modem firmware. Come on people, it's $9.99. If that is going to break you, maybe the iPhone isn't for you...
    I paid for MyWi after trying to do the file mod to enable tethering. for you people complaining about the price... have you tried google to find out if there is a way to get MyWi for free?

I know a repo that you can get it at just don't want to get into any trouble for linking such a repo. so send me a pm and i'll give you the repo. And its verified to work due to friends actually using it as well.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to likeips For This Useful Post:

bmx1 (2010-05-07)

New CommCenter hack file has been posted by MuscleNerd: Answers to random questions [iPhone Dev Team]