Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rock?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Rock?
    Who is using rock these days? is it worth using? Are the problems all worked out?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Rock and Cydia play nice together these days.. go for it. The Rock UI for the iPad is great!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

mj0528 (2010-05-04)

I never had problems with Rock.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

There's a thread with people who've been having issues with Rock after using Spirit.

Personally, I just stick to Cydia.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I downloaded rock once on my old iPod touch 2G and I dont really see that there is that big difference... maybe Rock loads faster or slower but there exactly the same with just different layouts and links etc.

Note: - I deleted it once I read that it gave people A LOT of problems while I was searching on Google so I'll stick with Cydia

I like rock. It has a backup up of all over your stuff. After a restore, getting back to where you were is alot easier. Its built into the app.

There was a weird update over the last couple of days that caused some people's iphone to crash but I don't think they were paying attention when they hit update.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I don't know if this is due to rock or not, but i installed it and the both times i did. I had to restore to CFW. Mywi is not available since appsidy is having issues with the latest Cydia update so it seems I get to wait till they get it all sorted out. I'll think i'll stay away from rock.

I just installed Rock for MyWi as this is the only thing that I really JB for anyway. Upon intial install and first reboot, sad phone and mywi crashing. After rock update and reboot all seems well now, so let's hope it stays that way. I really don't feel like rebuilding my phone for the 3rd time in 2 days. I guess I should feel blessed since I have the old bootrom and can come and go to firmware as I please.
    Last edited by mj0528; 2010-05-05 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost