Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tethered 3gs will i lose my cydia apps with spirit JB

Default tethered 3gs will i lose my cydia apps with spirit JB
    hi everyone,

i have a 3gs(3.1.2) thats jailbroken with blackrain(tethered). if i run the spirit jailbreak on the phone will it restore the phone to original settings and i lose all my cydia apps and tweaks? if so, is there a way to get all the apps back if i have my shsh blobs saved on my computer?

i do have my shsh blobs saved on my computer. i just dont want to download all the apps and tweaks again, ive got months worth of apps and tweaks on the phone. any help would be greatly appreciated.

chris

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If you run Spirit on top of another jailbreak tool (in your case, blackra1n) you'll make the phone unbootable and then the only option will be to restore.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

chriscw81 (2010-05-03)

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    If you run Spirit on top of another jailbreak tool (in your case, blackra1n) you'll make the phone unbootable and then the only option will be to restore.
    dhamien, a lot of us are stuck on what "restore" means.

• Restore just the firmware?
    • Restore the phone to factory new condition?
    • Restore the phone to wipe out anything jailbreak-related but everything apple/apps/iTunes related is still there, restored from a backup we made?

I have a blackra1n tethered 3.1.2 3GS.

I turn the device off.

I turn it on and get the iTunes recovery screen.

I boot up iTunes.

iTunes says "Your phone is in recovery mode and you need to restore it" and offers up 3.1.3.

Fine....then what happens? What is the result of that process? And what does it mean for our jailbroken mods after running Spirit?

Those of us with tethered and well-modded phones don't want to start that all over again just to become untethered and between this forum and another one, we can't seem to get any answers as to what to expect.

We are noobs and just need a little boost of info before we wipe out a lot of hours of hard work just to become untethered and then having to start all over.

Thanks,

Digger

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Restore means wiping the phone clean. It's roughly the same process as formatting your harddrive and then re-installing Windows.