Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spirit Jailbreak not recognizing iTunes 9.1.1

Default Spirit Jailbreak not recognizing iTunes 9.1.1
    I was excited to see that the Spirit jailbreak had been released today and so I jump on it to try it on my iphone 3gs 3.1.3. After reading about the compatibility error and fixing, I came up on another error which is that Spirit is not recognizing that I have the most recent iTunes 9.1.1. The error says something to the extent that spirit requires iTunes 9 to function. Please install correct version of iTunes. It's the current version so what can I do?? Please help!!! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Try using a lower version of iTunes.

Here:

iTunes 9.0.1 Download for Windows & Mac [Direct Download Link]

Newest isnt always the best option.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ist For This Useful Post:

breezy1722 (2010-05-04)

I'm trying it right now and Ill post back with what happens. Thanks!!

Just tried it with no luck. I still get the same error. I even tried to do it on my laptop and I still get the same error.
    Last edited by IslandGodz; 2010-05-03 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i had the same err on win7 ultimate , then i try it with my netbook with xp still on it works fine but sync with itunes first

Same problem here.

So this is what worked for me. I went to spiritjb.com and in the comments someone had suggested that he went this site Shining Light Productions - Win32 OpenSSL and I downloaded and installed this into the windows folder: Win32 OpenSSL v0.9.8n Light. I unchecked the compatibility box and it was a work around the .dll error and now my iphone is now jailbroken. Hope this helps others that are getting the not recognizing itunes error. Thanks for all you help.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IslandGodz For This Useful Post:

commanderkeen (2010-05-06)

your advice to install win32openSSL fixed this error for me. I am running winXP pro (32bit) in an Active Directory domain environment. After trying several 'fixes' (like copy libeay32.dll from programfiles\commonfiles\apple\mobiledevicesupport , which that dll didn't even exist there on my PC) and trying the compatibility mode (which reported then that iTunes 9 wasn't installed, even though it clearly is) I found this post here.
    I was able to successfully jailbreak my 3Gs running 3.1.3! Time to go make a donation to comex

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

This is from the Sprit site:

Requirements
    Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
    An activated device: one not stuck on the Connect to iTunes or Emergency Call screen.
    Any version of iTunes 9 (including 9.1.1).
    Syncing with iTunes before trying this is highly recommended.

I found that the instruction to use win 98 compatibility only appears relevant to possibly Vista but certainly Win 7 users of Spirit.
    On XP SP3 I got the Itunes error (requires v9) because I had ticked compatibility mode according to the instructions. Removing the tick got my JB'd straight away in seconds from 3.1.3 on 5.12.
    Long awaited but greatly appreciated. I can now use MY phone.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandGodz View Post
    So this is what worked for me. I went to spiritjb.com and in the comments someone had suggested that he went this site Shining Light Productions - Win32 OpenSSL and I downloaded and installed this into the windows folder: Win32 OpenSSL v0.9.8n Light. I unchecked the compatibility box and it was a work around the .dll error and now my iphone is now jailbroken. Hope this helps others that are getting the not recognizing itunes error. Thanks for all you help.
    Thanks, worked excelent for me. iPhone is now jailbroken!!!!!