Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help!

Thanks

Default Need help!
    Using a 8gb iPhone 3G on 3.1.2 (actually using the spoof app so its 3.1.3) JB'd using Blackrain. It said there was an important update for Rock. So i downloaded it.. Then it said there was more. 5 more updates (big boss resp, cydia something, and a couple others).. I tried to update them all. It got to one that said "iphone something" It then failed. So I retried it, and it failed again. So then I went back to home screen and thought i would restart the phone..

I then went into SBSettings and rebooted my phone... Now it will not turn on... If I hold the lock button the apple logo appears.. then like 10 sec later it goes off and nothing happens...

help please...

I've tried turning it on like a billion times.. still apple logo for ~10 sec then it goes blank.. I hooked it up to computer and opened itunes, but it will not even pick it up.

Need this fixed badly.. any ideas???
    Last edited by Shanks12; 2010-05-03 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shanks12 View Post
    Using a 8gb iPhone 3G on 3.1.2 (actually using the spoof app so its 3.1.3) JB'd using Blackrain. It said there was an important update for Rock. So i downloaded it.. Then it said there was more. 5 more updates (big boss resp, cydia something, and a couple others).. I tried to update them all. It got to one that said "iphone something" It then failed. So I retried it, and it failed again. So then I went back to home screen and thought i would restart the phone..

I then went into SBSettings and rebooted my phone... Now it will not turn on... If I hold the lock button the apple logo appears.. then like 10 sec later it goes off and nothing happens...

help please...

I've tried turning it on like a billion times.. still apple logo for ~10 sec then it goes blank.. I hooked it up to computer and opened itunes, but it will not even pick it up.

Need this fixed badly.. any ideas???
    X2 I did the same and now have the same problem.....

anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I just put it in DFU mode.. restored to 3.1.3 and downloaded Spirit and I am going to jailbreak with it... I think thats your only choice really

Here is another thread where I was talking with another member about it..

3G not working at all

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just put it in DFU mode.. restored to 3.1.3 and downloaded Spirit and I am going to jailbreak with it... I think thats your only choice really

Here is another thread where I was talking with another member about it..

3G not working at all

Thats what I ended up doing. I know have F/W 3.1.3 and JB with spirit.

Thankgoodness for Rock. Slow process to get back to where I was back I'm getting there

Anyone know why this happened??????

Same here! Please HELP! Don't wont to restore...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question OMG mines doing the same thing
    what the heck happened?? Mine is doing the same thing, GRRRRR I did the same thing tried to update some things through rock this morning and it failed, then my phone died and now it wont turn on, what the heck??? I am not a happy person.....Does anyone know what to do with out having to restore it
    Last edited by iphonechick81; 2010-05-03 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks

Well after worrying some last night.. I'm back up and running... Put it in DFU, restored with itunes.. went ahead and updated itunes to 9.1.1. then jailbroke with Spirit. Now in process of getting all JB app's back...

after reading... if your going to do this.. once your back restored.. save all your pictures and notes.. some people have been losing them when JB'n with Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by iphonechick81 View Post
    what the heck happened?? Mine is doing the same thing, GRRRRR I did the same thing tried to update some things through rock this morning and it failed, then my phone died and now it wont turn on, what the heck??? I am not a happy person.....Does anyone know what to do with out having to restore it
    No need to worry if you have your apps backed up on itunes.. and then just redownload Rock and redownload JB apps
    Last edited by Shanks12; 2010-05-03 at 08:06 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well after worrying some last night.. I'm back up and running... Put it in DFU, restored with itunes.. went ahead and updated itunes to 9.1.1. then jailbroke with Spirit. Now in process of getting all JB app's back...

after reading... if your going to do this.. once your back restored.. save all your pictures and notes.. some people have been losing them when JB'n with Spirit

No need to worry if you have your apps backed up on itunes.. and then just redownload Rock and redownload JB apps
    Yeah , I lost some stuff cuz I had not backed up my phone in over a month, oops. Anyway phones working but which program should I use to jailbreak, My phone has 3.1.3 and I have a 3gs ???? I heard a lot of people say there using Spirit to jailbreak but I thought it doesn't come out till tomorrow? Which is better Spirit or snowbreeze??? Help : )

I saw that weird update too. It said iphone firmware. Why would we want to download and install iphone firmware from Rock? And mine failed as well. At this point I have greater issues and can't even get into my phone but Rock needs to be checked on that "update."

Anyone else seeing that weird looking update?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SneakYMatt View Post
    Thankgoodness for Rock.
    Why? When Rock is what caused it.

this is why I deleted Rock.app after the first problem with the 5GB log file. Restore is you best bet. Then you can use spirt it jailbreak.