Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: restoring problem

Default restoring problem
    Hi, the problem started when I decided to erase all content of my unlocked 3g iphone from the "settings" menu. I believe it froze because it went to the Apple logo on the black background and the spinning stopped, and it's been hours. I looked up how to recover/restore thru itunes but it seems that it will update the iphone to the newest version of the operating system which I heard will lock the iphone. I found of about this: iPhone Unlock - 1 Click, 2min iPhone 3G/3GS Software Unlock guaranteed

Is this the best/only option I have at this point? If so I should let the phone lock and use this to unlock it again?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone davesnothere11's Avatar
    Thanks

Since you have an iPhone 3g
    do a shift+ restore to a 3.12 ispw then you can keep the unlock.

Sorry, I think I know what you're advising but just to confirm. You are saying that when the small window comes up on itunes with the restore button, I should press the shift key then click on the restore button and this will turn the iphone back on? Thanks!!

Hi Davesnothere, can you also explain the 3.12 ispw??
    Last edited by mingitt; 2010-05-03 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone davesnothere11's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes when it's time to restore hold shift ( on a pc) and click restore at same time. It will now ask for a ispw file to restore with. This is the OS and baseband etc your phone will run on. You wil want 3.1.2 for iPhone 3g if you don't have it it's in the downloads here on modmyi.

Once done you will have to re-jailbreak and re-unlock as was done before.
    Last edited by davesnothere11; 2010-05-03 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to davesnothere11 For This Useful Post:

mingitt (2010-05-03)