Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Oops, re-locked my phone! No PC either.

Default Oops, re-locked my phone! No PC either.
    Well, I pulled off another goof. I was attempting to upgrade my firmware from 3.0.1 to 3.1.2. BTW I have a 3g. So I followed the tutorial and downloaded the 3.1.2 restore and blackrain. Plugged in my iphone, opened to the newest version of itunes, hit option/restore and it began working. Then it stopped and gave me the error message "this iphone cannot be restored, blah blah. Then it hit me! I unlocked and jailbroke it on a PC! I have sense parted ways with that PC and have an old Mac G4 running OSX.

Needless to say I have the dreaded plug into itunes screen and no iphone I had to run out to tmobile and use my upgrade for a blackberry. Should I try to restore and upgrade my iphone at work on the PCs we have in our office or is my iphone done?

btw; I know I have 14 days to return the berry and plan to if I can fix my iphone

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

with a 3g, it doesn't matter what you try to upgrade with. Upgrade to 3.1.3 and JB with redsnow with 3.1.2 ipsw. If you want to keep you baseband, you will need to use a custom ipsw and since you already have a mac use pwngtool. It rocks! Still need to dl the 3.1.3 ipsw and process it with pwngtool and then apple click or however it's done on a mac and choose the custom ipsw and then you should be good. might want to change your hosts file to take apple out of the mix. You shouldn't have to but it doesn't hurt.

iPhone? More like MyPhone davesnothere11's Avatar
    Thanks

Or do you need to re-activate the phone? Know anybody with an AT&T sim? Pop it in and connect to iTunes and then your restored iPhone will be activated and can then be set up for Tmobile?