Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak Help

Question Jailbreak Help
    I'm looking to jailbreak my iPhone 3gs. I jailbroke my first iPhone, the original, using ziphone and it wasn't very complicated. I've had my 3gs for about a year now and this is the first time I really thought about jailbreaking this one so I've been looking into it the past week and just really trying to make sure I get the right info to jailbreak it and not mess it up. I have checked my info and just looking for help.

I have the iPhone 16G 3gs 05.12.01 modem firmware, iBoot-359.3, version 3.1.3 (7e18) on AT&T.

Can someone help me get the correct stuff to jailbreak it?

I also have a question about the original iPhone that I still have. Is it possible to completely unlock it and run it on Verizon? I've heard that it's not possible because the fact the two carriers run on different waves or w/e but I have a friend that swears a girl in his class at college has an iPhone and uses verizon...

Thanks

because you have never jailbroken or saved any shsh's then you can not jailbreak it at this time...as to your other question not sure about using verizon

So there aren't any ways for me to go back through and downgrade? Will the next JB release make it possible?

Thanks

no way to downgrade at this time...when spirit is released it will jailbreak your phone...hopefully in a few says or a week or so

So following the instructions here wouldn't work? Because from what I understand on his way is that you can essentially downgrade by f-ing up your iPhone to where it won't have service but essentially you're doing so in order to install the jailbroken 3.1.3 version....

This is just a question, I'm not saying you're wrong just seeing if thats different angle and will work.

Thanks

couldn't check because link didn't work..but what I know for sure is that if your phone is on 3.1.3 and has never been jailbroken or had 3.1.2 shsh's or lower saved then at this time there is no jailbreak for your phone

HTML Code:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgrading/703010-jailbreak-your-iphone-3gs-3-1-3-05-12-01-a.html
    sorry this one should work

Thanks

for that to work you need 3.1.2 shsh's...

Quote Originally Posted by pTs KiLo View Post
    I also have a question about the original iPhone that I still have. Is it possible to completely unlock it and run it on Verizon? I've heard that it's not possible because the fact the two carriers run on different waves or w/e but I have a friend that swears a girl in his class at college has an iPhone and uses verizon...
    I love riddles, but thats easy:
    She has TWO phones

Thanks for the wasted post....