Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to back up my shsh blobs (unjailbroken 3.1.3 3GS)

Default How to back up my shsh blobs (unjailbroken 3.1.3 3GS)
    Hi

First time post, so I hope this goes to the right forum.

I am looking to back up my SHSH as advised for the upcoming spirit JB.

I am also gonna be away from home when spirit is released (if it really is soon as rumored) but I can't wait to JB.

So my question is in 2 parts. If I back up to sauriks server now, will I be able to access them from China when Spirit is released and possibly patched by Apple?

And - noob question - how exactly do I use sauriks website to back up my Iphone 3gs 3.1.3 shsh blobs. I had a look and it didn't make a lot of sense.

Thanks in advance...

The Firmware Umbrella

use Firmware Umbrella get your blobs

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to axpk95 For This Useful Post:

black_orchid (2010-05-01), Robbb23 (2010-04-30)

thanks axpk95. Done it!

So I guess if I had to downgrade back to 3.1.3 I would need the itunes that is paired with my iphone to do this? Or can it be done without? (my iphone is paired to my desktop not my laptop so I won't have it for a while)

Also when I JB will I require the Itunes that is paired with my Iphone or can it be done seperate to itunes?

Thanks in advance again

Thanks

no and no

Thanks for the answers j3st3r3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've backed up my 3GS and iPad shsh, but didn't see an option to backup for my iPod 1g device in fumbrella. Any ideas for backing up the 1g itouch?

Thanks.

Thanks

there is no need...only 3gs and ipad require firmware signing at this time

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Got it thx. Just wanted to be sure.

Smile Spirit Jailbreak Preperation
    Hi there,
    I have got my Iphone 3Gs new boot rom's 3.1.3 SHSH files using umbrella. Is this all I need to do for the upcoming spirit jailbreak?
    Thanks

no you do not really need them to jailbreak your 3gs 3.1.3 with spirit. you need them if you update accidently to a newer version and want to go back to 3.1.3 and then reuse spirit. its not warranted that spirit works on newer version since its an userland - easy exploit for apple to fix.

just a question guys i got those blobs for 3gs 3.1.3 new boot rom using autoshsh i got the saved file now is that all i need i read about caching it on surik's server what exactly that means??? otr is it all i need is that saved shsh file it said though before saving that copy of that shsh sent to cydia server...please some1 clear it out for us...Thanks

Thanks

not sure if autoshsh saves on saurik's server automatically or not...if you have them then you will always be able to restore...I have mine on both my computer and saurik's...better 2 places than 1

Jester you posted on my thread...gave ya the thanks...anyways..what do I need to use in order to back up my shsh? And when spirit is released I'll be able to jailbreak it and the ONLY reason I'd need the old shsh is if I upgrade and have to go back? Sorry Im new and just trying to make sure I do everything right.

Thanks

you can use firmware umbrella or autoshsh...not sure about autoshsh but in firmware umbrella when u chose cydia it saves them there and on your computer...for the rest of your post you are correct