Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Getting rid of jailbreak without connecting to computer

Default Getting rid of jailbreak without connecting to computer
    It appears that my iPhone 3G USB cable port has stopped working. I want to take my phone to Apple, but it is jailbroken. Is there a way that I could remove, or at least hide that I've jailbroken it, without being able to connect it to a computer?

My battery is getting lower and lower. I've turned off all things that i can turn off, but it won't last long.

Or maybe I can leave it as is, and let it turn off. Maybe Apple won't e able to charge it, and therefore won't be able to turn it on. What do you think?
    Last edited by edib0y; 2010-04-30 at 04:22 PM.

Thanks

no u need a computer...now, if ur gonna take it back to apple, what i would do is go to

settings>general>reset>erase all content>

that will erase everything and put it in restore mode...without a pc

3. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

edib0y (2010-04-30)

Thanks, I think that's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks

thanks button is there for ya

Quote Originally Posted by edib0y View Post
    It appears that my iPhone 3G USB cable port has stopped working. I want to take my phone to Apple, but it is jailbroken. Is there a way that I could remove, or at least hide that I've jailbroken it, without being able to connect it to a computer?

My battery is getting lower and lower. I've turned off all things that i can turn off, but it won't last long.

Or maybe I can leave it as is, and let it turn off. Maybe Apple won't e able to charge it, and therefore won't be able to turn it on. What do you think?
    A co-worker of mine had the same issue with the USB port on his jailbroken 3g. The battery finally died, because he couldn't charge it. He took it up to the Apple store the "Genius" took it to the back of the store couldn't get it to connect and he walked out with a new phone. He did not erase all of his content though, think this will come back to haunt him?
    Last edited by sportsreyes1978; 2010-04-30 at 11:37 PM.