Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPhone 3G, how do I unlock/jailbreak from 3.1.3?

Default New iPhone 3G, how do I unlock/jailbreak from 3.1.3?
    I just got a new 3G iPhone from Apple, and it is already running 3.1.3. I used redsn0w and was able to load Cydia onto it. Beyond this, I am lost. I want to be able to use it on T-Mobile's network. What steps do I need to take to make this happen?

Thanks

as of now there is nothing u can do to unlock it...the 3.1.3 baseband doesn't have an unlock available nor is one going to be released...will not be until the next iPhones come out

how did you jailbreak your iphone 3.1.3? everytime i ask on this site i get no replies, i tried redsnow but it doesn't work, when i try to open the folder nothing happens

Thanks

you need an official 3.1.2 ipsw file..use either firefox or chrome to download it...use redsn0w 0.9.2 and when it asks for the ipsw point it at the 3.1.2 ipsw even though u are jailbreaking 3.1.3

that is assuming you have a 3g or 2g...if u have a 3gs then u can not jailbreak it on 3.1.3
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-04-30 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I honestly don't know. I tried so many things and read so many blogs that I honestly don't remember which one actually worked. I just know it was through redsn0w. I'm just heartbroken that I spent all this money on a phone that is essentially an iPod, and will continue to be one for the next few months at least, it seems.

Thanks

your patience will be rewarded

i downloaded redsnow and the file, when i try to open redsnow using winzip i get this message

the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable