Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bricked iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Exclamation Bricked iPhone?
    Ok, here's the situation. My cousin bought an iPhone 2g a while back and I jailbroke and unlocked it for him on 3.1.2 (AT&T doesn't have coverage where we live). It worked just fine for about 6 months. Then 2 days ago he got an error message saying invalid sim or something along those lines so he removed the sim and reinserted it. After that the phone shut off and hasn't turned on since. He brought it to me since he doesn't know the first thing about how to troubleshoot it. I plugged it into my laptop and my computer makes the sound that a device is plugged in. Then iTunes comes up and says "iPhone detected in recovery mode, must restore to use blah blah blah". Naturally at first I thought it was just in DFU mode somehow so I tried a hard reset to kick it out, no luck. After many attempts I decided to just restore to custom 3.1.2 firmware(yes the SHSH is stored on Cydia). As soon as iTunes finishes extracting it, I get the 1600 error. After many tries on different firmwares, 3.1.2 custom, 3.1.2 official, 3.1.3 custom, and 3.1.3 official I still get the 1600 error. I've tried different programs for making the firmware (sn0wbreeze and pwnage)as well as blackra1n and redsn0w. After none of those worked I tried ziphone, iReb and iRecovery. None of them even detected the phone. Next I tried using different usb ports, still nothing but my computer detects and syncs my 3Gs just fine. So I moved to a Mac with the same results. I even went as far as trying Ubuntu since it at least detects the phone as some sort of storage device, it didn't recognize it either. No matter what I do, the screen stays turned off even though iTunes detects it, which leads me to believe its somehow stuck in a DFU loop or something. I confirmed this with pwnagetool. I made the custom ipsw and when it asks if the phone has been pwned before I said no so that it would run me through the process (just to double check) and as soon as the first screen came up where it says "hold down home and power..." it shoots past that to "congrats you are now in dfu blah blah blah". Sorry this is such a long post but I wanted to give all the info I had to whoever thinks they may be able to help me.

I don't even think its possible to back up SHSH for iPhone 2Gs since non exist for it. 3G[S] only IIRC

Let it fully charge over night, and try booting it into Recovery Mode, not DFU. Thats how I fixed my old 2G iPhone's 1600 Error.

Restore to a stock Apple Firmware, less **** to **** up

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Maybe I'm wrong about the SHSH but I've tried leaving it plugged in overnight. No change. I can't boot into recovery. No matter what I do I'm stuck in DFU. And as I stated above, I can't restore to official firmware. I can't restore to anything. Everything I try returns a 1600 error.

I have a similar problem with my iphone 2G. Windows and itunes doesnt recognize it at all. I can set it to Recovery Mode but itunes still doesnt recognize it. appreciate your help guys.