Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spirit Jailbreak - Possibly April 30

Quote Originally Posted by sharp2G View Post
    "To give people a couple days warning to back up their SHSH..."

I REALLY hope that answers you idiots who is calling Spirit FAKE.

comex is only doing this to allow people to backup their BLOBS, because some idiots afterwards upgrade to the new firmware, which apple will likely release. Therefore it will UN-JAILBREAK your iPhone.

But OH WAIT! you have your SHSH (BLOB) that will ALLOW you to downgrade back to 3.1.3 and re-jailbreak.

Hmmmm... I guess comex has some logic to hold back on the release date.

P.S. a couple days usually means 3-7 days.
    Sorry to be pedantic but a 'couple' is two.
    If it is over two then we are in the realms of 'few'.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wezlyons View Post
    Sorry to be pedantic but a 'couple' is two.
    If it is over two then we are in the realms of 'few'.
    Well, 'couple' is used in everyday language and usually refers to something unspecific i.e. not two specifically, but any number close to that.

I think we all have different definitions of a couple. But I think we all agree it means no more than a week.

Quote Originally Posted by sharp2g View Post
    i think we all have different definitions of a couple. But i think we all agree it means no more than a week.
    amen

Quote Originally Posted by AuSteeze View Post
    amen
    amen

Thanks

amen

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AuSteeze View Post
    amen
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp2G View Post
    amen
    Quote Originally Posted by ricroc911 View Post
    amen
    No wai!

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I dont know. There are tons of guys begging him to wait for international release.
    OOoooohhhh...so the international types are afraid that if he releases spirit too early Apple will ship their ipad/ipad3g with an updated firmware that breaks the JB before they even have a chance to save their stuff/jailbreak because of the delayed ship date.

That actually makes some sense to me but I don't think they're that flexible with changing products that are getting shipped out...

Quote Originally Posted by ricroc911 View Post
    Just ignore it, we all now its real, wouldn't let it get to you mate....
    Hey Ricroc you don't think spirit will be release at all? Was reading your earlier post
    ** I don't hate myself anymore I have a JB iphone

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Well, 'couple' is used in everyday language and usually refers to something unspecific i.e. not two specifically, but any number close to that.
    um no offense but do you live in a rock? since when did people actualy do things on time?

He only says a "couple" to keep us waiting... but it will probably take a week or two

the goal is for so many shsh's to be saved, and that all the refurbished ones will have saved shsh

just heard alot of usefull info from chpwn on spirit , but to sum up he said very soon ............

12. The Following User Says Thank You to axpk95 For This Useful Post:

wezlyons (2010-05-01)

Quote Originally Posted by axpk95 View Post
    the goal is for so many shsh's to be saved, and that all the refurbished ones will have saved shsh

just heard alot of usefull info from chpwn on spirit , but to sum up he said very soon ............
    Very soon as in a day or two?

Quote Originally Posted by wezlyons View Post
    Very soon as in a day or two?
    The other devs probably told him not to give out definite dates anymore so if something comes up and he can't release when he says(like before) then he wouldn't be lying to everyone.

That's understandable.

Yeah good idea. Waiting is bad enough but not nearly as bad as having your hopes dashed at the last minute.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

man, this is exciting stuff watching the up's and down's. My wife wants to watch a move, I'd rather watch you guys!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raeki View Post
    um no offense but do you live in a rock? since when did people actualy do things on time?

He only says a "couple" to keep us waiting... but it will probably take a week or two
    Think about, why would he only say something to 'keep us waiting'? There's a purpose to everything.

And about the two weeks, what is that assumption based on? To me it seems like you're just throwing things out there because you're upset it didn't get released on the day he said it would.

Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    man, this is exciting stuff watching the up's and down's. My wife wants to watch a move, i'd rather watch you guys!

lol

edit: odd, that quote actually changed the smiley you made by itself.
    Last edited by dhamien; 2010-05-01 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ha! I cannot stop looking at this thread either! The suspence is killing me!

Is it worth me backing up my 3.1:2? Not done it before and on tethered 3GS new bootrom. I'm away soon for 2 weeks and I'm worried I'm gonna miss out on a untethered jailbreak delay or no delay

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShanePelican View Post
    Is it worth me backing up my 3.1:2? Not done it before and on tethered 3GS new bootrom. I'm away soon for 2 weeks and I'm worried I'm gonna miss out on a untethered jailbreak delay or no delay
    how will you miss out? just as long as you don't change your iphone fw then you will be fine in 2 weeks

Was just not sure if apple exploited spirit and stopped signing 3.1.3 then I couldn't rejailbreak with being on the new bootrom.

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast