Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone on Ebay

Default iPhone on Ebay
    I am selling my iPhone 2G to someone on eBay (ie: I don't know this person) and they want me to leave it jailbroken. I simply want to make sure that all of my data is off the phone, including my iTunes account authorization. What's the easiest way to do this?

I know I can manually delete my pictures and the email accounts I have it set up with. The main thing I'm concerned about is completely taking my iTunes account info off. I don't want to restore it using iTunes though, because then I'll have to re-jailbreak it, which isn't something I want to do (for a multitude of reasons that I won't go into there).

So, can anyone give me any suggestions? Thank you so much in advance.

PS - I looked to see if this was answered anywhere else and I didn't see it, so sorry if it was.

Thanks

best thing to do is log onto another computer and sync with that itunes , that way, it will delete everything (songs, contacts, itunes account) without removing the jailbreak

3. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

mr88 (2010-04-28)

Ah, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for reposting my question and thanks also for the answer, I'll try it tonight when I get home.

Thanks

cool, i did that 3 times on 3 phones that i sold saved me the troubles of rejailbreaking

Yeah, I was afraid of restoring through iTunes and then discovering I had to go through the jailbreak process again, which I haven't done since before I upgraded to Windows 7 (and I cleared my HD) and have only done twice. Thanks again, that was a life saver.