Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: completly screwed on downgrading

Default completly screwed on downgrading
    hey everyone, this is my first post on here...after a LOT of reading and searching to no prevail.

I have a iphone 3g (not 3gs) and i was jailbroken and unlocked on 3.1.2 with blackra1n

I was having some issues with my phone so i decided to re-jailbreak and try to fix my problem.

I ended up going to 3.1.3 (I know VERY dumb move) but i downloaded the 3.1.2 firmware for my phone..the proper one and i get the dreaded itunes does not reconize the file...its a ipsw file but it just will not let me use it with the shift restore.

I just need to get back down to 3.1.2 so i can complete my jailbreak but i am at a stand still.

I have even tried an older version of itunes...7.xxx and I get the same message about how it can not read the file.

also...I do not have the origional sim card from at&t..i only have a tmobile sim card. uugg FML and advice?

Thanks

What did you download the firmware file with. IE, Firefox, Safari?
    Best bet is to try to down load it again if is not recognized. There are some issues sometimes when downloading with safari.

Just restored to 3.1.2 on my 3G with tmobile Sim. You should be ok with that just get a proper firmware. Then run the jailbreak. As for the unlock I don't know if there is an unlock for the new modem firmware.

I restored with a custom firmware to preserve my modem version.

i downloaded the firmware with firefox. im on windows vista.

i got the firmware from felixbruns web site that apparently everyone goes to. I did a full system restore so now it is making me insert a valid sim card to get into itunes. on my iphone screen...its standard first time use screen. it only lets me make emergency calls. screwed?

Thanks

Yeah u are u can't use ur tmobile sim because u updated ur baseband making it unlockeable. U cab use it as an iPod now but u have to download a custom activated firmware

ok...so i downloaded a new custom firmware 3.1.2 and it actually let me do a system restore. it goes through the whole process until the end and i get a 1600 error...WTF i feel like im very close to fixing this problem. I did some more searhcing and are saying to use iREB and that will do away with the 1600 error...I followed the directions in iREB 100% and i cant get that white..or red screen to show up. it does nothing. Is there a different way to get rid of the 1600?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Don't bother downgrading, there's no benefit to it once you've been to a stock 3.1.3. Just restore fresh to 3.1.3 and jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.2

but i need to unlock so i can use tmobile. will the redsnow jailbreak offer me to unlock so I can use tmobile? I have a regular 3g

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You won't be able to unlock in any case. The baseband (which is used for unlocking) is not downgradable.

What is your bootloader version? You can find it using f0recast.