Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: One Bar / no service help

Default One Bar / no service help
    First of all, I will admit I messed up. I was hoping I might get some ideas to help fix it, I will post as much information as I can. Let me list my steps first.

1) iPhone 3G, 8GB, 3.1.2 successfully jailbroken/unlocked with no hitches. Used T-Mobile and I have a PC.

2) On a whim, I did some reseach on upgrading to 3.1.3 just to get rid of the iTunes upgrade message. I see that it was possible on other sites. Without seeing the "NO NOT UPDATE TO 3.1.3" notes, I go ahead and try.

3) After upgrading, I try to unlock/jailbreak using a 3.1.3 custom firmware. Everything goes according to plan until the custom firmware will not load when the phone goes into DFU mode.

4) After trying a few times, I downgrade to 3.1.2 and use blackrain to jailbreak/unlock it. This apparently works fine.

5) Since, I have the "no service issue".

Right now my Modem Firmware is 5.12.01

Below are methods I've seen and tried

I've tried to Reset Network Settings, the"Airplane mode" SIM card trick, and unlocking it a few times.

If anybody has any tips or suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i believe there is a thread specifically for that issue. Should be fairly recent too if not already a sticky

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...jailbreak.html
    Last edited by mj0528; 2010-04-28 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

U can't unlock that baseband. Next time pay attention to what ur doing and don't just start clicking things without reading into it first

4. The Following User Says Thank You to REAPERDAGREAT13 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-04-28)