Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newbie witha decision to make (3g vs 3gs)

Default Newbie witha decision to make (3g vs 3gs)
    Hey guys. I have had iPhones since day one but never really had a desire to jailbreak them until recently. A little late to the party I know. I am finding that my procrastination to jailbreak has made it not possible to jailbreak my 3gs since like a good Apple follower, I upgraded to 3.1.3. when it came out. I have read the forums and understand that is out of question. My wife has a 3g on 3.1.3. I am considering swapping phones with her and jailbreaking her 3g. The main reason I want to jailbreak is use mywi so I can surf on my iPad when away from home.

I am hesitant to swap because of the performance difference between the 3gs and 3g. Not sure how the 3g is when jailbroken. Will it still be a considerable performance difference and do you guys think it would be worth it? Or should I just be patient for the 3gs jailbreak?

I guess another option would be to buy another 3gs on 3.1.2 and then jailbreak and sell my wifes 3g on ebay. Would probably on end up costing me about $100 and the wife would get the benefit of the upgrade.

So what do you guys think? Great site by the way. Lots of good info.

Well I bit the bullet last night and swapped out phones with my wife and jailbroke the 3g. Wow, can't believe it has taken me this long to do this. It is like a whole new experience. Awesome! I can notice a little speed difference between the two phones but it is so worth it.
    Last edited by whitlecj; 2010-04-28 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think you might be in luck if you get a 3gs now with Spirit JB hopefully coming out on Apr 30. To be honest if you can wait I would go with 4.0
    ** I don't hate myself anymore I have a JB iphone

Yeah after the jailbreak, I came to the same conclusion. I plan on using this 3g for a while and then will just purchase the new iPhone when their is a jailbreak available for it

Quote Originally Posted by whitlecj View Post
    Yeah after the jailbreak, I came to the same conclusion. I plan on using this 3g for a while and then will just purchase the new iPhone when their is a jailbreak available for it
    All & All friday might be a really good day for all those that upgraded to 3.1.3 by acciden't and/or 3gs new booters like myself. What I've learned is don't do anything without reasearch ever again
    ** I don't hate myself anymore I have a JB iphone

Thanks

Word is a jailbreak will be ready for 3.13 on Friday.