Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking Iphone 3gs 3.1.3

Default Jailbreaking Iphone 3gs 3.1.3
    Quick Question is it possible? would I have to downgrade to 3.1.2?, I'm running windows 7 and just looking for a good guide on how to do it, any help would be absolutely appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Thanks

if it's on 3.1.3 already and never been jailbroken before then as of now you can not downgrade to 3.1.2 or jailbreak 3.1.3

DJHamel
    I have the same Scenario as Amicone18... I am currently on 3.1.3.. Running Windows 7.. I have Jailbroken my Phone before, (using Blackra1n) but then did the upgrade to 3.1.3, and low and behold, the jailbreak is gone.. So you're saying that since I have broken it once before, I can downgrade?

Currently On:
    Version: 3.1.3 (7E18)
    Serial: 88936 (36 Being the week made, so I'm lead to believe it will work as the "Old Boot Rom)
    Model: MC***** Which I'm lead to Believe Can't Be Broken

Thanks in Advance...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJHamel View Post
    I have the same Scenario as Amicone18... I am currently on 3.1.3.. Running Windows 7.. I have Jailbroken my Phone before, (using Blackra1n) but then did the upgrade to 3.1.3, and low and behold, the jailbreak is gone.. So you're saying that since I have broken it once before, I can downgrade?

Currently On:
    Version: 3.1.3 (7E18)
    Serial: 88936 (36 Being the week made, so I'm lead to believe it will work as the "Old Boot Rom)
    Model: MC***** Which I'm lead to Believe Can't Be Broken

Thanks in Advance...
    It depends if you've ever clicked the 'Make my life easier' button in Cydia.
    Last edited by dhamien; 2010-04-27 at 10:52 PM. Reason: grammar

DJHamel
    Huh?

Thanks

exactly.....

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You'll need to have stored your 3.1.2 SHSH file to be able to downgrade to that version. You store that file by clicking a button in Cydia. Only if you've done this, you can downgrade.

If you don't know what SHSH files are, you can search on these forums or google it.

DJHamel
    Ahh... Got ya,
    No Nothing I did.. So basically what you're saying is Download 3.1.2 SHSH file, use iTunes to downgrade it, then do the Jailbreaking...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No, unfortunately it's not that easy. Each of the SHSH files are device specific so only if you stored the one for your own device, are you able to downgrade.

As you haven't stored your file, there's no way for you to downgrade.

DJHamel
    Crap!!!! lol

hi, i have iphone 3gs 32gb 3.1.2 w/3.1.2 fw and it was jailbreak before but when i install winterboard in cydia he ask me to reboot my iphone and when i reboot it my iphone freeze on apple logo and boot endlessly for 2days. what i did is put in dfu mode and connect it to itunes and i restore it. now i have 3.1.3 firmware but still i can use my philippines simcard. what i want to know is can i jailbreak my iphone so that i can install apps on my i phone?