Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SHSH question help.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default SHSH question help.
    Oh right so I just grabbed a shsh from my 3gs I was jailbroken before on 3.1.2 so does this mean this shsh is a 3.1.2 and I could go back down to 3.1.2 with Mr.Freeman's server?
    I was not sure If i used the button on cydia when I had it to save a shsh but does this mean its saved?I opened and saw but can't understand any of it does this mean its a 3.1.2 shsh
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

As long as your SHSH files are stored on his server.

Thanks

If that was done via cydia the button or link it was on the cydia app to save my shsh so it means its saved on his server?

Also I got sauriks server working just need to restore now so does that mean it's working I have tiny using the shsh and dircted it towards saurkis server and no errors
    Last edited by Prox; 2010-04-26 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

To have the 3.1.2 SHSH saved, you need to have pressed the button while that version was still being signed. Apple stopped signing 3.1.2 around February 3rd.

Thanks

I know that already I used umbrella and grabbed a shsh 3.1.2 file from sauriks server does that mean that's it? I don't exactly remember If i pressed it or not but I used umbrella by putting in my ECID and device verision and choose SHSH Respitory sauriks-cydia and I got a xxxxxxxxx 3.1.2 .shsh is that it or could it just be a blank one, I opened and theres a bunch of coded and its 64 KB. I might have to try this on a different computer because I when I try to run tinytss in cmd something's using port 80 but idk what I shut down everything possibly using it I think.

Sorry about not the greatest grammar in class atm and trying to type fast here without the teacher noticing I'm not doing my work

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If Umbrella gave you a 3.1.2 file and it's ~65kb in size then Cydia has your 3.1.2 SHSH file and you can restore to that version.

Thanks

Umbrella gave me a 3.1.2 shsh its not 65 KB its 64 KB I was reading and saw that from 64-68 KB means it is a SHSH and not corrupted and what not.

Thanks

yes that's it

Thanks

Great can't wait to this when I get home, another question if i were to downgrade would I lose my service with at&t?
    Last edited by Prox; 2010-04-27 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Bold

Thanks

no...it's no different than updating a 2g or 3g...all the shsh does is make iTunes think apple signed the firmware

Thanks

Oh ok thanks alot, So after switching the host file to sauriks it should work all good? I tried it but got an error in cmd with port 80 but went to restore it anyway to give it a try and got error 3014 that has to do with the signing of firmware?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Prox View Post
    Oh ok thanks alot, So after switching the host file to sauriks it should work all good? I tried it but got an error in cmd with port 80 but went to restore it anyway to give it a try and got error 3014 that has to do with the signing of firmware?
    You shouldn't be using any kind of command prompt if that's what you mean. When you've edited the hosts file, you just need to go into iTunes and hold down the shift key and then click restore. Then point to the downloaded 3.1.2 firmware file (this should be an ipsw file).

When you've edited the hosts file, you might need to restart your computer or at least disable and then re-enable your network card.

Thanks

Well I was following this http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ecid-shsh.html

I'm not sure how it really works to do this all, Could someone clear it up in a tiny guide or something like that. Much appreciated when it comes to working with shsh and downgrading like this I have no clue what I'm doing and get lost easily.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's kinda the same process only in the guide you posted, you use a local server while normally you'd just use Saurik's.

It's best explained by the man himself, so here's a link to Saurik's page: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

It's a 15-20 min read but will give you some knowledge on the whole thing.

Thanks

the guide u are looking at is for setting up a verification server on your own computer, to use saurik's as the verification server all u have to do is edit the host file and run the update as usual

Thanks

Oh right thAnk you both I don't mind reading that long I'm in history doing nothing ATM so I'll come back if I have any problems thanks Again

If I did this process on a different computer will it matter will I lose my music an everything on my phone?
    Last edited by Prox; 2010-04-27 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's generally best to set up as new device when restoring and as you're doing a restore, you'll wipe the phone clean in any case.

Thanks

Ohh okay would it be possible to keep my contacts?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You can sync those back from iTunes after you've restored.

Alternately, you can save the files from \private\var\mobile\Library\AddressBook\

Thanks

Sweet doing it now my phone is at stage were it shows the complete bar under the apple symbol does this mean success?

Also I have to restore it twice correct? after the first re do it for it to click?
    Last edited by Prox; 2010-04-27 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast