Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Accidentally deleted my apps?

Default Accidentally deleted my apps?
    I have a 2g jailbroken ipod touch, 3.0.

This evening I was sorting out my applications on the iTunes screen browser, and at some point it said "are you sure you would like to continue, this will delete 34 apps". My finger acted faster than my brain and hit "enter". Boom, I lost any trace of those apps.

Well, not any trace.

When I go to the 'search app' screen on my ipod touch, and type in the first few letters of a 'deleted' app, it still appears in the results, though the app itself is not selectable. I assume this has to do with a cache somewhere, but I do have a slight hope that the .ipa file still exists somewhere on the device or my mac.

None of the deleted apps are in my iTunes Mobile Applications backup -- I had deleted them directly onto my ipod device and never knew of the 'transfer applications' function.

I have root access to the ipod touch. Is there a trash somewhere with the application? Any hope? Months of collecting, not to mention my Peggle high scores, are just about lost...

Thanks in advance!

No, but you can redownload them all. You can also view all past apps purchases, including free apps...on your account in itunes. 34 should be a breeze, Ive got around 300 in itunes.