Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [iPhone 3GS 3.1.2] stuck on restore mode! [URGENT !] please help

Default [iPhone 3GS 3.1.2] stuck on restore mode! [URGENT !] please help
    I got an Iphone 3GS 3.1.2 and i jail broke it using Blackra1n and unlocked it through blackra1n using sn0w or whatever. It was fine up until i put a few songs on it and they didn't show up then i went to the iphone settings > reset > clear all data so music/photos etc

NOW im stuck with the recovery mode it looks like this – http://goproductionsla.com/blog/wp-c...overy_mode.jpg

Please someone help i need to fix my phone don't have any other spares !

Thanks again guys!! Appreciate it..

Edit: if someone can find the solution to this i will reward them financially ! cause i reallllly need this fixed!
    Last edited by saamo; 2010-04-26 at 04:35 PM.

The link you posted was bad. Can you repost the picture?

If you hit "Reset all content and settings" the phone is completely erased and you will have to restore using iTunes. If you did this and are now in recovery mode, you will have no choice but to restore the phone with iTunes and jailbreak again. If you are trying to keep the phone unlocked (or jailbreak it at all), make sure you restore to a 3.1.2 firmware and not to 3.1.3. If you restore to 3.1.3, you will be unable to jailbreak and/or unlock. Also, you will need to have backed up your device's SHSH with Cydia in order to restore to 3.1.2 if you have a 3GS. If you did not backup your SHSH with Cydia, you are out of luck and will have no choice but to restore to 3.1.3.

Are you stuck in recovery mode (you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen) or at the Apple logo? I ask because this happened to me two days ago.

If you are stuck at the Apple logo, disconnect the iPhone from the computer and hold down the home and power buttons for a few seconds to force the iPhone to power off. Then, hold down the home button and connect the phone to the computer. This will force it to boot into recovery mode and you should be able to restore the phone using iTunes. All the above information about restoring the phone still applies.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by MacDevil7334; 2010-04-26 at 04:28 PM.

far out im panicing what if i didnt back them up and i dont no if i did.. i really need a way out of this plzz is there another way

thanks!!

Thanks

no other way.....

how do i find out if i backed it up or nott?

Quote Originally Posted by saamo View Post
    how do i find out if i backed it up or nott?
    When you launched Cydia, at the very top of the screen, it lists the SHSHs you have on file. If it did not say "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS 3.1.2" at the top when you launched Cydia then you cannot restore back to 3.1.2.

If you are unsure, it is most likely you did not store your SHSH (it's not the sort of thing you do by accident). However, you could try pointing your iTunes at Saurik's server (do a search for instructions on how to do this), and restoring to 3.1.2. The worst that happens is your SHSH was not stored, causing the restore to fail. You will then be forced to restore to 3.1.3, which is what iTunes is asking you to do right now anyway. So, you don't really lose anything by trying.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi, I might be able to help here as this just happened to me. very similar issues (Iphone stucked after a global reset).

see here : http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...questions.html

After being suggested by Alex in the above post, i found on the internet a custom firmware (the CFW bybass the apple server check) and use the restore function of itune and it worked well.

I was scared to have to go to the 3.1.3 (as my iphone is unlokced) and everybody was saying I was f***d... you should try this before upgrading!

hope this helps

Thanks

Try something called ireb from ih8sn0w.com

it has button called fix recovery loop try that.

tried that doesnt work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am assuming you click on restore with "shift" to select the CFW? weird, it worked well for me

Thanks

custom firmwares will only work with old bootrom phones...new bootrom phones do not accept custom firmware...