Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading to 3.1.2 from 3.0.1 on my 3gs

Default Upgrading to 3.1.2 from 3.0.1 on my 3gs
    Cydia doesn't work for me anymore because I guess they stopped supporting my old firmware. All my sources disappear and I cant get them back. I tried upgrading to 3.1.2 but I couldn't because I guess apple only allows you to upgrade to the current firmware. So my question is is there anyway around this? Or am I stuck on 3.0.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Custom firmwares via snowbreeze or pwnage tool
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

I also would like to upgrade my iphone 3gs 3.0 to firmware 3.1.2. I am already jailbroken and unlocked using purplerain. I would like to know a step by step link to it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miljunsami View Post
    I also would like to upgrade my iphone 3gs 3.0 to firmware 3.1.2. I am already jailbroken and unlocked using purplerain. I would like to know a step by step link to it.
    Look on top of this page and look under Guides!

Quote Originally Posted by Prox View Post
    Custom firmwares via snowbreeze or pwnage tool
    Do you have a link I can go to that can explain this? I checked the guides up there but none of them seem to be for my problem. thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darko_kun View Post
    Do you have a link I can go to that can explain this? I checked the guides up there but none of them seem to be for my problem. thanks
    What is the problem that can't be solved by the guides?

There are no issues with that the guides can resolve. I upgraded from 3.01 to 3.1.2 with no issues.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones
    Dev-Team Blog

These are just links to websites for each I listed, Im guessing some where on the site there are guides. I can also guide you since its not difficult at all.

Grab the fw you want and run the program it will ask you to choose the FW go to place you downloaded it to and select the FW then press next and it should show your device it will then go through a process of making a custom FW for you and you then restore to that in itunes. If you need more details let me know.This was just a quick summary.
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

Thank you prox you helped me alot! I got it running 3.1.2 jailbroken now.

Quote Originally Posted by Prox View Post
    iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones
    Dev-Team Blog

These are just links to websites for each I listed, Im guessing some where on the site there are guides. I can also guide you since its not difficult at all.

Grab the fw you want and run the program it will ask you to choose the FW go to place you downloaded it to and select the FW then press next and it should show your device it will then go through a process of making a custom FW for you and you then restore to that in itunes. If you need more details let me know.This was just a quick summary.

wait so can i use this even though my phone won't leave the apple logo? maybe put it into recovery mode and try this?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doitchinkstyle View Post
    wait so can i use this even though my phone won't leave the apple logo? maybe put it into recovery mode and try this?
    If you have the old bootrom 3GS or any 3G or lower gen, it's possible that a CFW will work.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

doitchinkstyle (2010-04-28)

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    If you have the old bootrom 3GS or any 3G or lower gen, it's possible that a CFW will work.
    yep, the 3gs was bought in december, still running 3.1

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doitchinkstyle View Post
    yep, the 3gs was bought in december, still running 3.1
    The fact that it has 3.1 tells me that it's likely an old bootrom phone. The new one bootrom phones came out just around the switch from 3.1 to 3.1.2

If I were you, I'd give it a shot. Can't really go wrong as you're stuck on the Apple logo in any case.