Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activating iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 without SIM...

Default Activating iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 without SIM...
    Hey...
    I just bought a new 3GS with 3.1.3 off the grey market. So i dont have any idea what Sim Card is the official carrier on this phone. I know we cant jailbreak it yet. But is there any way i could activate it without the SIM card so that i could atleast use it for Navigation Or Facebook Or An iPod... If anybody knows a solution pls HELP ME>>>>>

throw in an AT&T sim card and plug it in itunes.
    Thats wat i did and worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by davidst3r View Post
    throw in an AT&T sim card and plug it in itunes.
    Thats wat i did and worked for me
    The poster stated that he/she does not have the SIM..

i Tried an AT&T SIm CArd From Ebay... Didnt work... IF only i knew which country is this Phone From...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rahullsk View Post
    i Tried an AT&T SIm CArd From Ebay... Didnt work... IF only i knew which country is this Phone From...
    You can see the last two symbols of the Model Name at the box (for example MC141CR, CR means Croatia with operator T-Mobile, LL means USA with operator AT&T, etc.). Search GOOGLE about model names....

Awesome Thanx.... I'll try and Revert...

Model No.. mc134x/a.. Wat should this be....
    Last edited by rahullsk; 2010-04-26 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

X means Australia, operators Optus (Авс), Telstra (Авс), Vodafone, LOCKED!!! But it is possible to get official unlock on additional conditions... You should try sim of one of these operators to activate...
    Unlock on additional conditions you can get only if you can confirm purchase of your phone at operator`s store...
    You can translate this article: http://iphonekrd.ru/index.php/inews/...-otkudaiphone2
    Last edited by iDancer32GS; 2010-04-26 at 10:20 AM.

Thnx A Ton Bro... I will try obtaining theses SIMS one by one now... lol... GO EBAY