Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about restoring my iphone 3gs !!!

Default Question about restoring my iphone 3gs !!!
    Hi, i currently have an iphone 3gs 32 gb and its currently running the 3.1.2 firmware, my major question is if i restore it will itunes update it to 3.1.3 as i dont want that !!

Just want to make sure i can reset/restore my iphone and it will still have 3.1.2 after doing so, thankyou from

Brian

No.....Once u restore it, it will have to go to 3.1.3. Apple is no longer allowing unjailbroken devices to go back to 3.1.2

ah no, so re you saying i have to sell it by first restoring it and then it will automaticaly update to 3.1.3 ? !! this is bad news, is there anyway of just selling it without restoring and keeping the 3.1.2 firmware as i dont mind deleting all the stuff of it mannually..

Thankyou for that and what a shame...help

if your already jailbroken. Go to cydia and save your ECID SHSH files. This will allow you to downgrade back to 3.1.2 even if you update or restore to 3.1.3

I am not sure if it will preserve your baseband though allowing for an unlock. I think you can but im not sure.

Default Hi and thanks
    Hi and that sounds good news, is there a tutorial on here how to save your files via cydia? ive already pressed the save files within cydia and i have a message on the home page of cydia now saying " this device has a pending tss request" so hopefully thats ok now and do i simply now just restore using itunes and before pressing restore on itunes do i actuall press shift and then restore ? , is it as simple as that ?

Sorry to go on and thankyou again for your help

Just wait till the SHSH files are saved. I think it will say in cydia on the homepage somewhere if they are saved. Before actually restoring it because once you restore it and your SHSH files aren't saved.....you can't go back and your doomed like many of us.

Thanks

he can not save the 3.1.2 shsh's, that would have had to have been done while apple was still signing 3.1.2 (stopped begining of Feb.)

Oh wow really?? Didn't know that…sucks then. Just manually get rid of all your stuff then. Delete your contacts, musics, safari history, etc…

Thanks

the only shsh's that can be saved now are 3.1.3..