Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring from backup and battery drain

Default Restoring from backup and battery drain
    I have heard there are issues when jailbreaking and restoring from backup severely effecting battery life. The experts suggest that when setting up a phone after a jailbreak, to setup as a new phone in iTunes. That, they say, will prevent the battery drain issue. If we do it that way, how do we then get all of the data back to the phone? I know how to right-click on the iPhone in iTunes and "restore from backup" but isn't that the same thing? I did it this way, and still my battery drains very quickly.
    Modding Addict

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Maybe your iphone/Itouch's battery is dead cuz I heard after 400 charges it is supposed to be changed by an apple expert.... Maybe not the system's fault but your battery... How long did you have ur Iphone/Itouch?

A few months old. That's not it-it happens on all iPhones whether the jailbreaking/restoring user realizes it or not. The experts agree!

Thanks

@JurisHP

yes right clicking and restoring from backup is the same...you will have to sync everything first and then after the jailbreak resync to get ur info back