Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HELP] Work, dam you, work!

Angry [HELP] Work, dam you, work!
    Hi,
    Bought and Iphone 3G from Ebay (cause it was cheap). Plugged it into Itunes, and found out it was running 3.1.3.
    Looked on Youtube and found a brillaint guide on how to jailbreak my iphone. Followed it DIRRECTLY (spend basically all of yesterday trying to fix it), Itunes kept giving me errors and **** like that. Ranging from
    1600 - 12 (everything that went wrong has gone wrong for me).
    Yesterday.
    I have used every single jailbreaking peice of software i could find on the internet, with little effect. And just resulting in me being more and more frustrated!.

Yesterday, I stupidly spent 20 of my cash on a website claiming taht they could do it remotly for me, and all i got was all of my money being taken out of my account having my card cloned. So not only have i lost nearly 5Grand, but also the will to live.
    If anyone is willing to help me to restore this Iphone then it will be greatly recived. As i am on the brink of putting it on Ebay and selling it!
    Many thanks in advance

*EDIT*
    I have got Teamview, if someone would like to do it for me, as i have the tecnial compitance of a 3year old!

Thanks

Wow that sucks a lot, I'm sorry you got ripped on. Wish you would have found this place sooner.

You should probably download f0recast from ih8sn0w.com and see if your device is capable of being jailbroken. Do you have a 3G or 3GS? Does your iphone model (Settings > General > About) start with MC? What is the version of your Modem firmware (same page)?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Akamir For This Useful Post:

KingJohno (2010-04-25)

Yeah, me too,
    I found this page AGES ago, and followed a guide.. but it didn't work for me becasue it was a MAC one : /

Software version: 3.1.3 (7E18)
    Model: Iphone 3g (MB466B)
    Model Firmware: 0.5.12.01

Thanks for getting back to me : )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -capture.png  
    Last edited by KingJohno; 2010-04-25 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks

You might be able to jailbreak it, I'm not 100% sure. Try to find out what f0recast says about your device. Someone smarter than me here can probably help you out better.

EDIT: I see you posted the f0recast screenshot.

If I remember correctly, you should be able to use shift-restore in iTunes with a ipsw generated from sn0wbreeze. However as you can see there is no unlock since you have the newest baseband (0.5.12.01).
    Last edited by Akamir; 2010-04-25 at 02:54 PM.

^^ F0recast says (see thumbnail above).

Your alot smater than i am when it comes to these stupid Iphones: /

Quote Originally Posted by Akamir View Post
    You might be able to jailbreak it, I'm not 100% sure. Try to find out what f0recast says about your device. Someone smarter than me here can probably help you out better.

EDIT: I see you posted the f0recast screenshot.

If I remember correctly, you should be able to use shift-restore in iTunes with a ipsw generated from sn0wbreeze. However as you can see there is no unlock since you have the newest baseband (0.5.12.01).
    I have tried that, but Itunes keep's giving me errors... which is why im posting here.

This is now going to work, just to annoy me ! LOL.

My Iphone is showing this screen.
    And my computer is stuck on this screen: (see thumbnail)

EDIT:
    Itunes has just flashed and given me the following error: (see thumbnail)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -capture.png  
    Last edited by KingJohno; 2010-04-25 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

download snowbreeze and run it. It should jailbreak it properly for you. But Im not sure about the unlock.

SnowBreeze sends file to desktop, then i restore to that point... i dont know.. ill try that and get back to you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Dude u lost 5 grand? Wow.
    Ok what u need to do is see at the top of the forum it says downloads. Put ur mouse over that and amenu will pop down. On the left click firmware. Find iPhone 3g 3.1.2 firmware and download it. An save to desktop.
    Then do a shift restore to that in iTunes. If u get an 10xx error ignore it. Then go to blackweather and download blackrain. Then run it on ur phone. Well right now ur jailbroken but Not unlocked

Thanks

I wouldnt be caring about my phone I'd be more worried about getting that 5g back..!

contact your bank/police? lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cid6.7 View Post
    I wouldnt be caring about my phone I'd be more worried about getting that 5g back..!
    ya me 2

hahaha yea dude.....5G will buy you much more than one jailbreakable iphone.

It will buy you about 13 jailbreakable iphone 3GS's and the iPhone 4G prototype that was lost xD

But considering you didn't really bring up the topic after your first post, you probably contacted your credit card holder or whoever and dealt with it. If you even can recover it from something like that im not sure.

Anyways, yea the iPhone 3G is always jailbreakable. The 3GS isn't. And yea, get the newest version of Sn0wbreeze or whatever and jailbreak 3.1.3

There are plenty of guides out there and if you follow them correctly you will be able to jailbreak. If you can't, it's usually a problem of the user.

Anyways, yea you should have done more research before you paid money to jailbreak.