Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: got a 3g with 3.1, need help with a easy question

Default got a 3g with 3.1, need help with a easy question
    so im upgrading from a 2g to 3g with 3.1 and its already unlocked, i want to upgrade this phone but want to stay away from the unlockable firmware. whats my best option? upgrading to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 and rejailbreak and unlock?

i would keep the phone as is but its got alot of stuff i dont want on it and i want a fresh start with it.

Thanks

Upgrade to 3.1.2 if unlock is a must for you.
    If you all you want is jaibreak, it's up to you to upgrade it to 3.1.2 or 3.1.2
    If I were you, I upgraded to 3.1.2
    Download stocking Apple firmware 3.1.2, then press Shift key while clicking at the restore, point to the stocking apple fimrware 3.1.2, let the itunes update the firmware.
    Then use Redsnow 0.9.2 to jailbreak it, then run Blacksnow to unlock it.
    good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by pfft84 View Post
    so im upgrading from a 2g to 3g with 3.1 and its already unlocked, i want to upgrade this phone but want to stay away from the unlockable firmware. whats my best option? upgrading to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 and rejailbreak and unlock?

i would keep the phone as is but its got alot of stuff i dont want on it and i want a fresh start with it.

Thanks

yea unlock is a must, running t-mobile, thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by pfft84 View Post
    yea unlock is a must, running t-mobile, thanks for the help
    Then update the phone with stocking Apple firmware 3.1.2.
    Make sure you download the correct firmware version for your 3G, which is a 3.1.2, do not make mistake by downloading the 3.1.3, because if you update your phone to 3.1.3 by mistake, it will update the baseband as well, which can't be unlocked for now.
    good luck