Results 1 to 16 of 16

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How do you downgrade 4.0 to 3.1.2?

  1. #1
    Default How do you downgrade 4.0 to 3.1.2?
    I downloaded the firmware here and I've used this before, so I know it works, however when I try to restore I get this error message: The iPhone could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible.

    How can I downgrade to 3.1.2? I like 4.0 but it's too buggy right now.

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    You're trying to use a firmware that isn't made for your device. What kind of phone do you have (3G/3GS)?

  3. #3
    I have a 3G and I'm downloading this one
    iPhone 3G 3.1.2 download (iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw, 242 MB)

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Now that I'm thinking about it, any reason why you want to go to 3.1.3?

    Why not just restore normally in iTunes to 3.1.3? You might need to put your phone in DFU mode for it.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Now that I'm thinking about it, any reason why you want to go to 3.1.3?

    Why not just restore normally in iTunes to 3.1.3? You might need to put your phone in DFU mode for it.
    Because my question said 3.1.2

    .3 has some issues when you jailbrake it, which is why I want .2

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by morgue View Post
    I downloaded the firmware here and I've used this before, so I know it works, however when I try to restore I get this error message: The iPhone could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible.

    How can I downgrade to 3.1.2? I like 4.0 but it's too buggy right now.
    Do you have the correct firmware? It must be activated, and it must also be the one for your iPhone model. For an example, 3G firmware will not work with the 3G-S and vice versa.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKrabz View Post
    Do you have the correct firmware? It must be activated, and it must also be the one for your iPhone model. For an example, 3G firmware will not work with the 3G-S and vice versa.
    I'm 100% certain I have the right firmware, I mentioned this on my previous post.

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by morgue View Post
    Because my question said 3.1.2

    .3 has some issues when you jailbrake it, which is why I want .2
    3.1.3 doesn't have any issues when you jailbreak it. For you, a 3G phone user that has been to 4.0, there's no reason to choose 3.1.2 instead of 3.1.3

  9. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada, Toronto
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts

    Lol its because apple wont sign 3.1.2 anymore =O

  10. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by robben10 View Post
    Lol its because apple wont sign 3.1.2 anymore =O
    Firmware for 3G phones don't need signing so that's not the problem.

  11. #11
    This is how you do it...
    Downgrade iPhone OS 4.0 Beta1 to iPhone OS 3.1.3 Firmware | Gadgets DNA

    Some people need to not post if they have no idea

  12. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    @morgue you need to not post unless you read the OP's question. He wants 3.1.2 not 3.1.3

  13. #13
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by morgue View Post
    This is how you do it...
    Downgrade iPhone OS 4.0 Beta1 to iPhone OS 3.1.3 Firmware | Gadgets DNA

    Some people need to not post if they have no idea
    I guess you then need to research on your own instead of relying on others next time.

  14. #14
    Default paulsachse
    Apple has made it so NO IPHONE can downgrade past 3.1.3 because of the jailbreaking reason itself. Sorry.

  15. #15
    i had to get the(iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw, 242 MB) restore and put my ipod in dfu mode and do a shift restore with 3.1.2 iphone restore

  16. #16
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by paulsachse View Post
    Apple has made it so NO IPHONE can downgrade past 3.1.3 because of the jailbreaking reason itself. Sorry.
    That's not true. Only the 3GS requires signing.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •