Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i have a 3gs runnning 3.1.2 on blackra1n

Red face i have a 3gs runnning 3.1.2 on blackra1n
    i just purchased this phone from best buy and i bought it refurbished it came with 3.1.2 so i jailbroke with blackra1n and it worked. but my only problem is that my battery goes so fast and that was the 1 thing fixed in 3.1.3 im on AT&T and could care less about unlocking. i just want to know if i can update/ restore using pwnage tool or redsn0w and have my 3gs jailbroken again on 3.1.3 since im alrede jailbroken on 3.1.2. i have a week 49 i believe bootloader 6.4 but like i said its a refurb so who knows if it was fixed and had later parts added i really just want my iphone to be working normal bc 2 1/2 hrs of battery life is not kool..... please help im so unsure what to do i just want to jailbreak the ***** thing im so pissed.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You can't use a custom firmware (pwnagetool) and you can't jailbreak once you're on 3.1.3

By the way, there wasn't any battery fix in 3.1.3 so there's no reason to go there. If you look closely at the changes from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 you'll see that the battery indicator is improved. What that means is that it'll be more accurate at displaying how much is left. It doesn't make the battery any better.

But that's what I mean the indictator is off saying my battery Is dying wen in fact it isnt

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cohenjar7 View Post
    But that's what I mean the indictator is off saying my battery Is dying wen in fact it isnt
    Try burning the battery down completely and then charge it to full afterwards. This usually resets the indicator.