Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unteathered 3GS jail break on 1st batch of 3GS

Default unteathered 3GS jail break on 1st batch of 3GS
    Hi all i have just bought a 3gs from the 32 week batch seirial no. ***32****** on version 3.0.1 (7a400) on firmware 04.26.08 untill now i have always jailbroken using blackra1n but it does not seem to work for this.
    so my questions are:
    what should i use to jailbreak this one?
    i know i shouldnt go near 3.1.3 but can i go up to 3.1.2 and still get an unteathered jailbreak? agiain if so using what?
    and finally, at what version on firmware are you not able to have an unteathered jailbrea?

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks alot,
    Dan
    Last edited by Danbh; 2010-04-23 at 12:16 PM. Reason: keywords

Use redsn0w and ultrasn0w for the unlock.

I'm pretty sure you stay untethered no matter what FW you're on. My 3GS is on 3.1.2 and is untethered.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shadow25 For This Useful Post:

Danbh (2010-04-23)

Default thanks :)
    thanks alot for that, if i upgrade to 3.1.2 by downloading the 3.1.2 firmware and holding ctrl when i press restore on itunes, (thats right isnt it? ) then can i jailbreak using blackrain? cheers

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Danbh View Post
    thanks alot for that, if i upgrade to 3.1.2 by downloading the 3.1.2 firmware and holding ctrl when i press restore on itunes, (thats right isnt it? ) then can i jailbreak using blackrain? cheers
    Why do you want to use blackra1n so bad? It's not a good program.

You can't restore to stock 3.1.2 on a 3GS as you're only allowed to restore to the current version which is 3.1.3

You can restore to a custom firmware though, any version you'd like, as long as you're already jailbroken.