Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3GS 3.1.3 Jailbreak???

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey I have Restore.ipsw for my iphone 3.1.2

But Apple stopped signing them right? So that means I cant restore anymore...

Anyways so for now I guess im stuck with a normal Iphone :/
    I'll have to wait till OS X 4 right? Which may come out on June for Iphone 3GS....

Iphone 3GS
    Mc model
    Bootroom 5.12.01

I'm not much of an expert the only tool I ever used to jailbreak is redsn0w one tethered for my ipodtouch MC model and another untethered for the MB model.... So if there ever is a way to jailbreak + unlock my Iphone with blackra1n I'd need help from others...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
    Well generally MB models have the old bootrom and MC models have the new bootrom. I think that If you have MC and were on like something before 3.1.3 then you have the old bootrom. I'm not sure though

Whatever yea just disregard the model numbers I guess. But generally when I read the sites and everyhijg everyone refers to MC model or MB model and stuff. But basically yes you can jailbreak If you have 3.1.3 and the old bootrom.
    It's a widespread misunderstanding, so I don't blame people for getting confused about it. The model doesn't mean anything at all. Neither does the bootrom though. Even if you have the old bootrom, you still can't jailbreak a 3GS on 3.1.3 - the guide you posted is poorly written, as with most guides on sn0wbreeze when it comes to the 3GS.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robben10 View Post
    Hey I have Restore.ipsw for my iphone 3.1.2

But Apple stopped signing them right? So that means I cant restore anymore...

Anyways so for now I guess im stuck with a normal Iphone :/
    I'll have to wait till OS X 4 right? Which may come out on June for Iphone 3GS....

Iphone 3GS
    Mc model
    Bootroom 5.12.01

I'm not much of an expert the only tool I ever used to jailbreak is redsn0w one tethered for my ipodtouch MC model and another untethered for the MB model.... So if there ever is a way to jailbreak + unlock my Iphone with blackra1n I'd need help from others...
    Sorry but you are just going to have to wait, something should come out in a month or two or three!

rumor has it that geohot will release a jailbreak at the end of this month or a couple days into May when the iPad 3G is released.

It's all rumor and speculative but wait for April 30th ppl. I hope this is true that he is only waiting for the iPad 3G to be released before he releases his jailbreak.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12