Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4.0 SMS Question

Default iPhone 4.0 SMS Question
    Hey so I updated my iphone 3gs from 3.1.3 to 4.0 beta 1. I tried out the features its nice but buggy. For example i cant backup with itunes so i want to return to 3.1.3 I understand how the guide works to get back down to that firmware. But my question is there anyway to backup my text messages so that I will still have them when i restore. Not like a full backup but just the text messages. If you can help me get my texts backed up I am very generous (paypal)

It doesnt allow me to backup sms. but it recognizes the phone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'll be more
    than glad to help, what exactly does iTunes
    does that doesn't allow you to restore

I can restore in iTunes. I can get back to 3.1.3 I just don't want to until I back up my sms. I want to know how to backup my sms on firmware 4.0 beta 1

Thanks

Then don't restore, use the back up button and when it's done restore back to whatever your gonna go to and when it's done it should say want to create a new iPhone or use a backup you then use the backup you just made.

I dont think im conveying my point very well. The iphone refuses backup requests. I havent been able to make a backup in over 2 weeks. I was looking for a utility or workaround where i could export sms.

As you are not JB I don't believe it's possible.
    What on earth are you doing using a beta FW for things you want to keep?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

May I also ask what's the problem of losing your messsages?

Please search simple things like google before posting.

I found several free programs, here's one that worked for me. Free iPhone SMS backup tool from Micromat to debut | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews

Well the beta wasnt my idea. my friend told me he had 4.0 so he loaded mine with the firmware. It was sweet but Its buggy as anything. I dont want to lose the messages because they are from new people that I met and without it I wont remember who is who. and @thechronic: That utility doesnt work