Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My iPhone #3GS won't active after 3.1.3 downgrade and Blackra1n.

Default My iPhone #3GS won't active after 3.1.3 downgrade and Blackra1n.
    I've downgraded to 3.1.2 from 3.1.3 on my mac without a problem. After I got the 1015 error I did it again and got it again then used Blackra1n to jailbreak it and now my phone won't active. It's been about 4 hours now and I've taken out the sim and put it back in. I don't know what else to try.

Use sn0wbreeze to make a custom 3.1.3 ipsw. Make sure you tell it not to activate so itunes will do it. I'm assuming you're on AT&T. If you're not, you are out of luck I believe. You'd have to try going back to stock 3.1.3.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Restore again only this time, when the restore is done and you get stuck on the recovery screen, use quickpwn 2.2 to boot instead of blackra1n. Once booted, let iTunes activate the phone normally. When you have service, jailbreak using your preferred tool.

The reason you don't get service is because blackra1n hactivates the phone. A hactivated phone must be unlocked and that's not possible for you as you have baseband 05.12.01

I had the same problem today after downgrading from 4.0b1. I ended up just going to 3.1.3, getting the 1015 error and using blackra1n to boot (not jailbreak). I'll try the other method though.

EDIT:: What I did: I again restored to 3.1.2. Again, the error. Using redsn0w, I hit the "boot only" method (on the second page.) After this, the iPhone will pop up with all the emergency options. After plugging into iTunes, it will activate.
    Good. Now you can simply jailbreak with blackra1n!
    Last edited by RyanWS; 2010-04-24 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Edit

i just downgrade my iphone and have that problem(3GS)... 3.1.3 to 3.1.2, no network,but i MAKE IT WORK!!! here's what i did:

1. downgrade to 3.1.2, then it stuck on connect to itunes logo
    2. for that i blackra1n the 3gs
    3. it booted with no network
    4. SHIFT/RESTORE with sn0wbreeze custom, now i have network and CYDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P