Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3GS wont boot past Apple logo

Default Iphone 3GS wont boot past Apple logo
    Hey guys I hope you can help me out.. Its Iphone 3GS 3.1.2 Jailbroken and unlocked with blackRa1n. I'm on the AT&T network.. ok heres the issue. The phone was running real slow I decided to restart it and now it wont boot past the apple logo.. eventually a small wheel comes up and spins for a while before rebooting again. I've had the phone lock up on me in the past and would take forever to reboot but now this time its stuck at that stage.

I've tried everything possible and I still cant get it to boot all the way through. *I can get it to go into DFU mode and Recovery mode when the phone shows the USB cable on the screen and says connect to Itunes.

*When I try to restore in Itunes it says something in the line of "the software installed cannot communicate with the Iphone please reinstall Itunes." *I removed everything Apple related and reinstalled Itunes but no luck. *

I used Blackra1n again but it gets stuck on Geohots face and doesn't move. *Tried redsnow but wont boot past when it says its installing the ram update on the screen. *I've read that people have had similar problems due to something I must have installed via cydia that is locking up and not functioning during bootup. *I've tried Irecovery to try to access the phone via command propmt but it wont detect the phone. *The only option left besides restoring the phone through Itunes and installing 3.1.3 which would remove my jailbreak for the time being... is there a way to upgrade or restore your firmware without using Itunes?

Is there a way I can access the phone and manually delete cydia or any app that might be causing the hangup?

Thank you so much for reading this hopefully someone has similar problems and could guide me towards a solution.

why unlock when you're on AT&T?

have you tried restoring to custom firmware?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There are programs where you can explore your iPhone files like iPhone explorer etc.. Try one of those I don't know their exact names but try one of them and go through your iPhone and Delete cydia or a app you think thats causing this
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember