Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A word to everyone who is asking for a 3.1.3 jailbreak

Thanks

Thank you for the info. I have hope once again.

Thanks for this! This is the answer that we all looking for. I hope for more info to come about this matter!

will this jailbreak work for iphones that came with 3.1.3 and not just iphones that were updated to 3.1.3

by the way thanks for the info

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

To the one saying 3.1.3 jb not worth it or something to that matter it's a jb for 3.2 which is going to compatiable with 3.2 and all fw before that so it will jailbreak 3.1.3 3.1.2 all of them up to 3.2

And it does not matter I'd you accidenty upgraded if your phone is on 3.1.3 it will get jailbroken as long as it's not past 3.2

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Prox View Post
    The next jailbreak going to be release will be at the end of april by george hots aka geohot, the reason the end of april is because the arrival of the iPad 3G and or iPhone firmware 3.2 .
    To the one saying 3.1.3 jb not worth it or something to that matter it's a jb for 3.2 which is going to compatiable with 3.2 and all fw before that so it will jailbreak 3.1.3 3.1.2 all of them up to 3.2
    isn't 3.2 ipad only?
    Last edited by katmeef; 2010-04-22 at 02:29 PM.

Thanks

As of right now it's on the ipad only but it's expected to be released for the iPhone and ipt.

3.2 is iPad only

Both Spirit - the JB found by Comex and jointly worked on by members if the Dev Team and Chronic (Including posxninja) and BlackRa1n (by Geohot) will JB 3.2 . Spirit will also JB 3.13 and I believe BlackRa1n will do once updated.

Everyone agrees that to release anything before the iPad 3G is released would not be sensible. Whether they will hold off until the international release of the iPad which has been put back to the end of May, I don't know.

Who will release what first remains to be seen.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Geohot is going to be the first one to release the 3.2 jailbreak nextweek which will be compatiable with 3.1.3 also. Spirit which is a iBoot exploit therefor untethered will be release for the 4.0 they have a few exploits and the one geohot is releasing first is probably tethered.

Wrong on both counts I believe.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

These words were told by poison ninja blog ska greenpoision shall i pull it up ?

Prox you are the Miggidy Miggidy Mack Daddy thanks Bro
    ** I don't hate myself anymore I have a JB iphone

His names posixninja and I think I know what he's said!

Angie evebn went as far as quoting the whole post in the Mmeber written news section http://modmyi.com/forums/member-writ...osixninja.html
    Last edited by confucious; 2010-04-22 at 03:48 PM.

Thanks

To clear something up.
    Here is an excerpt p0sixninja’s blog post which explains these mentioned exploits.

It’s still there, and turns out it’s the exact same exploit Geohot demonstrated in his iPod Touch 3g video a few weeks ago, but since that time, there have been quite a few new developments. By now, I’m sure everyone has seen or heard about the userland “spirit” exploit demonstrated by Comex, and which was used to jailbreak the first iPad. This exploit is by far one of the most impressive pieces of work I think this community has seen in quite some time. The only problem with this method of jailbreaking is it can be easily patched by Apple in the next firmware update. Also, since the exploit being used resides in userland, you’re denied access to many of the low level hardware features, including the ability to decrypt firmware keys. iBoot exploits, on the other hand, are much lower level and offer much more freedom to interact directly with the system unrestricted. With the exploit being so much more powerful, we’ve decided it would be wiser to release the “spirit” exploit first and hold onto the iBoot exploit until the next hardware revision.

But after the recent demonstration of Geohot’s iPad jailbreak, all release plans were changed.

Everything was progressing smoothly until yesterday. The boy-wonder Geohot threw a wrench in our gears once again after discovering a NEW exploit that pretty much blows everything we’ve got out of the water. So now we’re forced to reconsider our release plans once again. As of today (I can’t speak for tomorrow, for all I know everything could change again), both the original exploit I posted about earlier and the new “spirit” exploit are probably going to be held off for a little bit longer to avoid being patched by Apple. Also, today I mentioned on my twitter that I can almost guarantee an exploit for 3.1.3/3.2 (all devices, and all models!) before the end of the month. I would strongly advise everyone to keep a close eye on Geohot’s blog for updates in the near future.

To cut the long story short, the userland “Spirit” jailbreak and the first untethered exploit (by both Chronic Dev Team and Geohot) will be put on hold for iPhone OS 4. Geohot is going to be the one to release the first jailbreak for iPhone 3.1.3 / iPhone 3.2 for iPad which will be untethered on all the iDevices (including iPad). We can expect this one to be released as soon as Apple releases iPad 3G to public later this month.

Sources:Redmondpie and
    posixninjas blog
    Last edited by Prox; 2010-04-22 at 04:59 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    quote: "I can almost guarantee"...

"almost" is a strong qualifier. While I'd like to believe end of month, it looks more like June/August/September time-frame for the JB whenever the iPhone 4G is released and 4.0 is deployed to other devices.

God I hope they don't wait that long.....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

As there are multiple exploits now on file I do'nt think they will wait until July (which is when the new iPhone ships).

You have my opinion.
    I can not, unfortunately, quote my sources and things change day by day.
    So we will see.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You have my opinion.
    I can not, unfortunately, quote my sources and things change day by day.
    So we will see.
    True, What is said today can be changed by tomorrow, but as of how everything is going right now we can expect the jailbreak next week but I can only speak of right now and today not tomorrow. If something is changed tomorrow or the next day all I can say is oh well just need to wait some more.

The best things in life are worth waiting for and to iPhoneize this
    The best things for the iPhone are worth waiting for
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

the one geohot is releasing first is probably tethered.
    looking at Geohot's video, i'd say it's clearly untethered
    On the iPhone: Untethered Jailbreak

Thanks

Well yes it is but is that the exploit he is going to use for this firmware?
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast