Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Completely Stumped by 3GS

Default Completely Stumped by 3GS
    So I fixed a digitizer for someone today. I hand it back and get a call a shortly there after. He says the phone is stuck after he tried to jailbreak and unlock using Blackra1n. I think no worries I'll just restore it and get it back to operating 3.1.2. Well big problem the phone powers on to the apple boot screen with the wheel. About 5/10 minutes later the phone will shut down, go blank and then the red battery power bolt logo appears. About 5 minutes later it goes back to the apple boot screen and repeats.

Before I get the " just restore " reply's of course I've tried that and the phone will only respond to the forced power down by holding the power and home button. I have also attempted to hold down the home button and plugging in the usb cord to force restore mode but that won't work either.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this as well as taking the time to help. I hope its something easy.

You need to recharge the battery first. The way you describe it the battery is almost drained and dead.

I'll try that but if that were the case then why won't the battery just charge instead of going to the boot screen and reseting to the battery screen when pluged into usb?

iPhone? More like MyPhone davesnothere11's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you tried forcing ti into DFU mode for th restore?
    Also since it's a 3GS I take it you have the shsh file saved for 3.12?

Quote Originally Posted by iphonemedic View Post
    I'll try that but if that were the case then why won't the battery just charge instead of going to the boot screen and reseting to the battery screen when pluged into usb?
    The USB port doesn't produce enough power for the iPhone to charge quickly. Also even thou the USB is providing power it's not enough for the iPhone to function correctly. Let your iPhone charger for 4 hrs better trying anything.

I tried all of the above even threw in a fresh battery. I finally let Walmart and apple have it back courtesy of a pop and swap. I don't care what people think if Apple had better customer service and make a reliable as well as cool device I wouldn't have had to do it.