Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G --No Internet on 3G or EDGE!

Default iPhone 3G --No Internet on 3G or EDGE!
    I have an iPhone 3G that was jailbroken on 3.1.2. It froze one night and I had to do a hard-restart on it, afterwards I can't get on the internet unless im connected to wifi.I have full 3g signal and the girlfriend is on hers and on the internet but i cant.

It's been stuck like this for weeks and I cant seem to fix it. My iPhone has become almost useless without any 3G, no maps, no itunes, no games, nothing!

In an attempt to fix it I did restore to a non jailbroken 3.1.2 and had internet until i restored my contacts and stuff. after that it wouldnt work. In desperation I upgraded to 3.1.3 and as soon as i restored my contacts once again no internet on 3G or EDGE.

My current settings are:
    iPhone 3G -- On AT&T
    carrier: 5.6 AT&T
    baseband 05.12.01

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Someone please help me get my phone back, possibly without losing all my data.

Anybody have any ideas at all?
    Last edited by gohtret; 2010-04-20 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

when you say as soon as you restore your contacts are you syncing to get them or restoring from a backup...if you are restoring from a backup try just syncing to get the contacts as there can be problems when restoring from backups especially if the phone is jailbroken...

It is not jailbroken now. But I do still have a my blank app? No idea how.

Whenever it asks if i want to set it up as a new iPhone or restore from old i restore it.

How do i get my contacts and stuff synced on iTunes? I'd like to set it up as a new phone and just put all my contacts on it.

Thanks

you would have had to have synced them before hand...if all you did was a backup and never synced I'm not sure you will be able to get them unless you put them back in manually...have you tried resetting the network from the setting menu?

No I hadn't, just did it though...and it worked!!!

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by gohtret; 2010-04-22 at 02:00 AM.

Thanks

glad it worked for you