Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how do i jailbreak my iphone 3gs 3.1.3

Default how do i jailbreak my iphone 3gs 3.1.3
    Hi, i am a total noob at this but want to jailbreak my iphone 3gs version 3.1.3 , after doing some reading i am really confused. i bought my phone from apple store and it was already unlocked, i recently upgraded it to 3.1.3, and now heard about jailbreaking.

Do i need to downgrade? if so how? also how do i go about jailbreaking it? and whats is all this about there being no service if i downgrade?

if anyone could help with easy to understand instructions, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks heaps.

Thanks

since u have never jailbroken the phone before and have already updated to 3.1.3 there is no jailbreak available for you at this time

ok, thanks for that, at least it will put my mind at ease for now, i will wait until i can jailbreak soon i hope.
    thanks for the reply

Thanks

should be soon hopefully...your patience will be rewarded

Ok I'm new to the iPhone and after reading different things here and there I am also confused. It's said that a jailbreak is possible depending on ur particular phone i.e. Ur firmware,bootrom, and the week it was made. O and the model. Well I have MB model which is said to be jailbreakable. With a 0(4th) 5(5th) number of my serial#. Firmware is of course 5.12.01 and I'm on 3.1.3. So with this info can someone tell me If I can JB my iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by iSquare357 View Post
    Ok I'm new to the iPhone and after reading different things here and there I am also confused. It's said that a jailbreak is possible depending on ur particular phone i.e. Ur firmware,bootrom, and the week it was made. O and the model. Well I have MB model which is said to be jailbreakable. With a 0(4th) 5(5th) number of my serial#. Firmware is of course 5.12.01 and I'm on 3.1.3. So with this info can someone tell me If I can JB my iPhone?
    MB or MC only applies to iPod Touches, not iPhones.

If you have a 3GS, and you are on 3.1.3, you can not jailbreak right now.

If you have a 3G and are on 3.1.3, look for one of the numerous how to threads here.

This one for instance will work if you have a 3G.
    iPhone Jailbreak Guides | iPhone Tutorials | ModMyi.com Blog Archive How to Jailbreak 3.1.3 iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 1G/2G Windows & OS X

Well i appreciate the answer. Yes its 3Gs.