Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I upgrade my jailbroken iiPhone 3G from 3.0.1 to 3.1.2?

Default How do I upgrade my jailbroken iiPhone 3G from 3.0.1 to 3.1.2?
    I have a jailbroken White 16GB iPhone 3G and it runs on the 3.0.1 firmware. How do I upgrade it to 3.1.2 without losing my jailbroken stuff? From what I've heard, you need 3.1.2 to run certain apps such as MySpace.

Bump. Can anyone help me?
    Last edited by MrKrabz; 2010-04-18 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

there are a couple of apps on cydia that will backup your cydia apps...can't remember the names but search the forums and u will find them..either restore to offcial 3.1.2 using shift+restore (pc) or option+restore (mac) and jailbreak that or create or find a custom firmware created with pwnagetool and restore to that

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    there are a couple of apps on cydia that will backup your cydia apps...can't remember the names but search the forums and u will find them..either restore to offcial 3.1.2 using shift+restore (pc) or option+restore (mac) and jailbreak that or create or find a custom firmware created with pwnagetool and restore to that
    I'm still not quite sure what to do...Is there a step by step guide?

Pkgbackup will back up all your cydia stuff.
    Pwnage will upgrade preserving your BB so you can still unlock with UltraSn0w
    RedSn0w will JB if you upgrade and don't mind losing your BB.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.