Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone have this happen

Default Anyone have this happen
    So i've been jb on 3.1.2, on ATT on my 3GS for a while, and just bought an ipad so upgraded to most rcent iTunes...no problems but last night synced everything fine, went to bed, woke up and wanted to update an App - AppStore says my password incorrect, when i go to retrieve it my apple ID does not exist!!! The one I've had for 2+ years mind you so all my purchased content is affiliated with it. I've emailed apple but my fear is that one of the following has happened:

Apple disabled my ID for being JB, i have heard of this happening but not necessarily to end users but rather to hackers

Someone got into my account and changed everything, birthdate, name, username, etc...but could a hacker change the actual apple ID? Shouldn't that remain in the system?

Im actually hoping it's the latter to tell you the truth, id much rather go through petitioning my bank to remove purchases etc

UPDATE: itunes account hacked, jailbreakers need not worry
    Last edited by linuxnoob; 2010-04-17 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Just curious do you have any idea how you got hacked?
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

well i work at a large hospital with a shared wireless connection and i updated a program on my iphone through wifi so someone COULD have been snatching information over that connection, i guess thats the most likely scenario.

also there could be a program ive installed on the iphone that is doing this - we install lots of 3rd party software that cant really be vouched for, i suppose. anyone know if ringtones, etc. that are downloaded from cydia have been implicated in something like this?

whoever did it charged about $200 worth of absolute crap to my itunes bill, which sucks cause it has my debit card as payment source and now i have to cancel that...lesson learned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Ouch that really sucks. Sorry man.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]