Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help me figure out if I can jailbreak my new iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 - with new bootrom?

Default Help me figure out if I can jailbreak my new iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 - with new bootrom?
    I just had Apple replace my iPhone 3GS for a new one because my Push wasn't working. Now that I have this new iPhone 3GS I would like to jailbreak it so I can try tethering it to my iPad. My only concern is that I'm not sure how to tell if my new iPhone 3GS is too new too jailbreak.

I found a couple of cool jailbreaking software programs online and it seems like sn0wbreeze 1.5.2 is going to be my best bet...but I've also been reading that the new iPhones can't be jailbroken.

Basically, I'm trying to jailbreak my new iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 that I just bought to replace my old iPhone...but I'm not sure if I actually can.
    I just want to know if there is jailbreaking software available yet that will jailbreak a newer iPhone 3GS with the new bootrom and stuff.

I'm running the latest version of the software: 3.1.3 (7E18)
    My Model Number is: MB715LL

I tried jailbreaking it already using sn0wbreeze, but I got this message...
    "sn0wbreeze has detected that this device cannot be jailbroken with sn0wbreeze unless it is already jailbroken. if your iPhone 3G[S] has an updated bootrom. Then you cannot use sn0wbreeze".

I also tried using f0recast to determine whether or not it was jailbreakable, but it was a bit vague...see below the info that came up.

Serial #: XXXXXXXXXXX
    Baseband: 05.12.01
    Bootloader: 6.4
    Model: MB715

Jailbreakable: Only if SHSH is saved. (whats does this even mean??)
    Unlockable: NO
    Tethered: Maybe. Depends if Refurb

Can anyone tell me what I should do?
    If my iPhone actually is jailbreakable, then which software should I use??

Nope you're stuck with no jailbreak