Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I messed up...

Default I messed up...
    Ok. So today at work I goto update programs in cydia. After about 4 updates, the 5th update, the prgram wouldn't pass like 90% progression. So I stupidly restart my phone and because my jailbreak is untethered, I had to re-jailbreak it with blackra1n. I've done this many times without problems, but this time, blackrain was erroring out and telling me some dll or file was missing and wouldn't work with device.

So I accepted that my phone that had 3.1.2, was corrupt. I goto iTunes to reinstall 3.1.2 by selecting shift and finding the .ipsw on the computer and it would not install it. It was telling me it could not install it. So I stupidly allowed iTunes to install 3.1.3

am I screwed? I had cydia and it said my shsh was backed up but have no idea how to get that back or what to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

If your 3.1.2 SHSHs were on file then you can go back to 3.1.2 with Saurik's redirect but you cannot unlock.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

How do I get my shsh? I just need jailbreak. Not unlocked. Any specific feedback sous be appreciated

Thanks

When you had it jailbroken before how long ago did you do that; first jailbreak it? Also back then did you hit the "Make my life easier" button in Cydia?

Back in January. I think I did because I was trying to find out how to do it. I remember it telling me in small print that the shsh was backed up on server. I just don't know how to get it back

I have mutiple computers... Xp or windows 7

Ok. So I guess my main question is this... When I put the commands into my windows, how will saureks site know to find my old shsh file? There's no physical way of downloading it and savig to pc? Sauriks site will just know which one is mine automatically?
    Last edited by xdottcomx; 2010-04-15 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

yes..redirect iTunes to suarik's server as outlines in the guides cerote gave you and it will automatically know which shsh u need

ok. so i restore with my backup from cydia and get that 1015 error. i then blackra1n to jailbreak it and it boots up then fine and shows it being version 3.1.2, but now it's not activating, which means no service...any help on this???

nevermind - I read from another post about installing irecovery and inserting some commands to the registery and it activated my phone successfully!!!! I successfully downgraded from 3.1.3 back to 3.1.2 =) Thank you all for your help!!!
    Last edited by xdottcomx; 2010-04-15 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You are very welcome. I glad it all worked out.