Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QUICK HELP PLS. New JB on 3GS 3.1.2

Default QUICK HELP PLS. New JB on 3GS 3.1.2
    Sweet. I just switched my Iphone out for a older version. It's running 3.1.2(7D11), model MB716LL, FW 05.11.07. I want to make sure that I don't screw anything up. Can somebody pls advise me on the proper program/s to use to jailbreak. I went to Dev blog and seen redsnow, pwangetool etc. and not sure the correct steps. Thanks!! I'm so excited!!! How long does the process take?

Thanks

the easiest thing is to use the search function, there are lots of stickies and threads on the subject

Bet, I'll try that real quick. I browsed over the first three threads and didn't see any guide. But I'll search real quick. Thxs!

OK. No accurate luck. Can somebody point me in the right direction...
    Last edited by glowworm3980; 2010-04-14 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I have been using redsn0w since it came out and have never had any problems with, if that's what u want to use you will need to download the firmware for your phone from this sites download section and then run redsn0w...very simple program to use...depending on how old the phone is you will probably have a tethered jailbreak which will require you to re-run redsn0w every time you restart the phone, it's not a redsn0w issue it is the phone so even if u use another program to jailbreak you will still have to do this

p.s. u will need redsn0w 0.9.2 not 0.9.4
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-04-14 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thank you soooo much!! Redsnow it is. Researching guides now. I have saw about the teathered jailbreak. My phone usually stays on anyway so that's cool. I also read on another forum that there's a fix out there.

Thanks

there is no fix at this point for a tethered jailbreak..I have one and have only restarted my phone probably twice since I bought so it really isn't a big deal...just be careful what you install when you aren't around your computer in case it requires a restart...u can also look here for redsn0w help 3G unlock - official redsn0w devteam site