Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone os 4.0 restore problems HELP!

Unhappy iPhone os 4.0 restore problems HELP!
    Hello I need help on my iPhone 3g. When I go to itunes and start the upgrade it gets stuck on "Preparing iPhone for restore". It just stays there forever. What do I do! Sorry if this is the wrong section I'm new here.

Any luck? My 3GS is doing the same thing.

Make sure you're running iTunes 9.1, you have a valid .ipsw and your UDID registered with Apple dev.
    no spam

i have the 4.0 OS as well because of my developer status with Apple but i am running a Windows OS on my computer.. and for some reason iTunes is not signing the 4.0 restore from Apple.. this will be fixed by the next beta version

Moved. Please post to correct forum.

The correct way to upgrade is via xcode, which is only open to the developer, I have access but I cant use xcode 3.2.3 as I have an old PowerPC.

Anyway I have the same issue as the OP (who has double posted the same message in another thread on this site) tut tut. :-)

Got mine working now all updated :-)
    Last edited by R3PUBL1K; 2010-04-16 at 11:32 PM. Reason: update:

I am not able to update my iphone 3g-s to OS 4.0 beta 2. I have an UDID that is allowed to be upgraded, but the restore ispw file does not restore my phone at all

I can not get my iphone 3G-s to update to the newest beta version of OS 4.0
    Last edited by eboy98765; 2010-04-28 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost