Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My device isn't eligible for this build!!!! Help!! (downgrading from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2)

Hi,
    I have the same problem!

On my side my SHSH keys were saved in Januar for 3.1.2. I even had to use the caching server in end of February to restore to 3.1.2 and it worked at that time.

However my iPhone is again freezing on the gehot picture when trying to tethered boot it. So I have to restore. I am not able to restore with 3.1.2 ad I do not know why as it worked in February (so my keys were saved).

Any idea? For sure I updated my hosts file and everthing (as I did in February as I had the sime issue...

hopefully the iphone wiz's can figure this one out.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

This may sound stupid, i read you said you put 74.208.10.249 in the host file. did you actually put 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zehlek For This Useful Post:

adinero (2010-04-13)

yessir!! I ping gs.apple.com i get a reply from 74.208.10.249

same for me... even when pinging was getting the reply from the right server. maybe later I'll try to use wireshark and see what's happening. was working well in February (after apple stopped signing 3.1.2) with this trick. So don't know why it's not working anymore...

wireshark showed me it is trying to access gs.apple.com

Quote Originally Posted by adinero View Post
    wireshark showed me it is trying to access gs.apple.com
    Other members already have said many time that you saved your SHSH 3.1.3, so don't waste your time trying to downgrade it back 3.1.2, simply don't work.
    good luck.

On my case I saved the 3.1.2 and not able to restore anymore (I did it before in February AFTER Apple stopped signing 3.1.2 and it worked at that time). I still don't understand why I am not able to do it anymore...

So what can you do now as im gettin the same message.

im on or was on a unoffical carrier, i put the orginal carrier simcard in and still get no service ?

Thanks

@NixxxE

if u updated to 3.1.3 official then your baseband was also updated and there is no unlock available at this time...even if u go back to 3.1.2 your basaband will stay the same

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    @NixxxE

if u updated to 3.1.3 official then your baseband was also updated and there is no unlock available at this time...even if u go back to 3.1.2 your basaband will stay the same
    Would I be able to use my orginal carrier simcard?

also when is the 3.1.3 likly to be jailbroken

So If I wanted to save my relatives shsh for his iphone 3gs 3.0 I wouldnt be able to?

If not then what can i do to ensure that i can always restore to a jailbreakable version if something were to happen to his phone?

Thanks

@NikeJS

u are correct..the only shsh's u can save at this time are 3.1.3, because they have the old bootrom the phone will accept custom firmwares so as long as it isn't updated to official 3.1.3 then u will always be able to jailbreak

15. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

NikeJS (2010-04-15)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12