Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbrake my iphone 3g f/w 3.1.3 baseband 05.12.01....?

Default Jailbrake my iphone 3g f/w 3.1.3 baseband 05.12.01....?
    Hi

ive been researching this jailbrake and i no you can jailbrake the version and firmware i have on my fone it is version 3.1.3 model mb 16gb and checked using this version of software like forcast etc and it says its jailbrakable.

i used snowbreeze to try to jail my my 3g iphone...all going well created my ispw or whatever its called lol and put my fone into recovery mode like the tutorial said, and i open itunes, held down shift key clicked on restore then a box open so i had to select my firmware that blacksnow create from the original firmware i download all going well then a error code 1600 poped up and just stop the jailbrake....what has caused this??

also would switching the redsnow 0.9.2 work and selecting firmware 3.12 for my 3.1.3? as i saw another post do this many thanks

i have an iphone 3g
    model mb496b
    firmware 3.1.3 (7e18)
    baseband 5.12

thanks

Thanks

You first have to downgrade it to 3.1.2, then use either redsn0w or blackra1n. A stock firmware will not accept a custom firmware. You can down grade by downloading an official 3.1.2 then use the shift click restore method to install it.

can i downgrade with my current version didnt think 3g could downgrade without the sash key or summet if it is possible how?

Thanks

Yup you can downgrade without any problem. It's the 3gs phones that need the shsh blobs. Your 3g is downgradable to any firmware.

how do i do it mate?? also do you know whats causing the 1600 error? once downgraded how would jailbrake using 3.1.2 then sorry im new to this

just been looking round it says to downgrade i have to jailbrake which it just wont work on mine?? for some unkown reason, is there a way to downgrade without jailbraking??
    Last edited by alanh087; 2010-04-11 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You can downgrade using the same method you were trying to use to load the custom sn0wbreeze firmware. Instead of selecting the custom firmware when you hold shift+click restore just select a 3.1.2 firmware.

ahh ok so basicly just download the original 3.1.2 then just put it in dfu in itunes then select it wen locating the file via itunes am i rite??

Thanks

The error 1600 is caused by trying to load a custom firmware on a nonjailbroken phone. Only jailbroken phones can accept custom firmware.

You shouldn't even need to put the phone in dfu mode.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-04-11 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

just going to try it now mate....

Thanks

Yup just download an original 3.1.2 and select that in iTunes. You shouldn't even need to put the phone in dfu. Once that's installed you can use either redsn0w or blackra1n to jailbreak.

ok cheers mate i mite of meant recovery mode not dfu mode as ineed to use the power n home button at the same time

na just keeps coming up with error code 1016 or summet like that, any ideas?

wont work wen try to downgrade just keeps cumin up with erroe code and it says cant be restored any ideas??
    Last edited by alanh087; 2010-04-11 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Try it in dfu mode. Turn the phone off, Hold home and Power for 10 seconds then release power while continuing to hold home for another 5 seconds.

whats the difference between recovery mode and dfu mode?

Thanks

They are different operational states of the iPhone. The visible difference is that recovery mode will show a usb cord and an iTunes logo, DFU mode is just a black screen

Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    Try it in dfu mode. Turn the phone off, Hold home and Power for 10 seconds then release power while continuing to hold home for another 5 seconds.

keep doing that instead of sying retore mode it keeps saying recovery mode???

Thanks

Yes that's what it should say if you are in DFU. Is the screen on the phone completely black?

yes ive just selected the 3.1. firmware again did all this be4 mate....what happens if it comes up with the same error code

done ti all again saem error at same place 1015 any ideas??
    Last edited by alanh087; 2010-04-11 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

ModMyi Forums - Downloads - iPhone 3G 3.1.2

Try doing it with this firmware. It's an official 3.1.2 from this site.

i tried using redmondpies firmware arent they the same?!?! or are they different firmwares?

Thanks

They SHOULD be the same, but it never hurts to try a different one

What version of iTunes are you using?
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-04-11 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast